• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PeterHH2024

Reaction score
I am new to this forum, 35 years old - i am probably more in the Denim category, combined with a few chinos and shirts. Looking to expand my horizon.

Last edited:

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

45 year old dude here. Few years ago, I got tired of dressing poorly for all my life and have since then been researching before making purchasing decisions. I think I found this site through a google search, but cannot be sure.

I like to dress formally most of the time and am slowly refreshing my wardrobe to reflect that.
Hi Shabbybrit, it’s never too late to learn & to expand one’s horizons. 45 years young, welcome to the forum!

Cas-y-right

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m Cas from the Netherlands. Co-owner of two hair salons and working as an hairstylist. Love fashion. Artisanal stuff, dark avantgarde fashion, and more regular stuff. Always on the look out for great style and fits.

Ford

Reaction score
Hey, I’m from Chicago. Actually found this site while researching an affiliate for a purchase. I didn’t realize what an incomplete and mediocre wardrobe I truly have till browsing on here, haha.

Hoping to become more acquainted with the various brands and understand where true value lies. Looking forward to learning from you!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I’m Cas from the Netherlands. Co-owner of two hair salons and working as an hairstylist. Love fashion. Artisanal stuff, dark avantgarde fashion, and more regular stuff. Always on the look out for great style and fits.
Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, I’m from Chicago. Actually found this site while researching an affiliate for a purchase. I didn’t realize what an incomplete and mediocre wardrobe I truly have till browsing on here, haha.

Hoping to become more acquainted with the various brands and understand where true value lies. Looking forward to learning from you!
Hi Ford, learning from each other’s experiences is what we do here. Welcome!

N0strum

Reaction score
Hello!

I am from Norway, and currently based in Oslo. I'm a 30 year old man, work full time, and I want to shed myself from my youthful and chaotic dressing habits - cheap looking, unintentional, hooded sweaters, plain T-shirts, hodgepodgy, unassuming ++. As far as wardrobe considerations I've used in the past, it's mostly been trying to just look like "a regular guy", and not trying to spend too much. If I found outlet Nike or Quicksilver t-shirts for like $10-$15, I was sold. I'm tired of it. I want to start turning heads and be complimented and noticed for the way I dress - The work starts here I guess, and I'm aching to get to know the lot of you. I'm just gonna assume, and mentally secure it my frame of reference, that you lot are the type of people I look at in public and go "wow, that looks cool!".

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am from Norway, and currently based in Oslo. I'm a 30 year old man, work full time, and I want to shed myself from my youthful and chaotic dressing habits - cheap looking, unintentional, hooded sweaters, plain T-shirts, hodgepodgy, unassuming ++. As far as wardrobe considerations I've used in the past, it's mostly been trying to just look like "a regular guy", and not trying to spend too much. If I found outlet Nike or Quicksilver t-shirts for like $10-$15, I was sold. I'm tired of it. I want to start turning heads and be complimented and noticed for the way I dress - The work starts here I guess, and I'm aching to get to know the lot of you. I'm just gonna assume, and mentally secure it my frame of reference, that you lot are the type of people I look at in public and go "wow, that looks cool!".
Hello NOstrum, it seems to me like you’re headed in the right direction. Out with the old and useless, in with the new. Best wishes to you in your endeavors. Welcome to the forum!

beltnbraces

Reaction score
Hi all,

35yo Londoner here. Great to have joined. I have been trying to improve my style over the last few years, starting off buying loosely around the basic Mod principles and some workwear, as a way to build a flexible/coherent wardrobe. Now I'm keen to get a better grip on tailoring (I wear business attire at work), and play with my style a bit more to draw out some more individual looks.

Looking forward to digging around in the threads.

Cheers

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

35yo Londoner here. Great to have joined. I have been trying to improve my style over the last few years, starting off buying loosely around the basic Mod principles and some workwear, as a way to build a flexible/coherent wardrobe. Now I'm keen to get a better grip on tailoring (I wear business attire at work), and play with my style a bit more to draw out some more individual looks.

Looking forward to digging around in the threads.

Cheers
Hi beltnbraces, welcome to the forum. London, what a great city & such fantastic haberdashers. I believe what you’re looking to create is what some of us here refer to as ‘capsules’. A clothing capsule (aka ‘rig’) is a set of clothing pieces that can all be used in combination with one another, with a minimal amount of accessories, i.e. braces, belts & footwear. Usually one goes about creating seasonal capsules. Have fun investigating. I recommend visiting several different bespoke tailor shops prior to making purchases and focusing of classic menswear as opposed to fast fashion.

Bric3d

Reaction score
Hi all,
Another Londoner (although i'm from France), 27yo. Mostly looking at more classic menswear and the vintage shops we have around here. I kinda had enough of the business casual and i'm basically trying to integrate some pieces that I really like into my wardrobe as time goes.

Currently trying to decide between the different tailor options in London, there's quite a bit to choose from so it's taking some time.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Another Londoner (although i'm from France), 27yo. Mostly looking at more classic menswear and the vintage shops we have around here. I kinda had enough of the business casual and i'm basically trying to integrate some pieces that I really like into my wardrobe as time goes.

Currently trying to decide between the different tailor options in London, there's quite a bit to choose from so it's taking some time.
Hello Bric3d, kindly read my previous post to another Londoner. Capsules my man , think & buy in capsules. Even though you might spend more money up front than accumulating isolated pieces, you’ll save a considerable amount in the medium to long run. Welcome to the forum!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrCrlhm