• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interior Design

JacobJacob

Reaction score
The home of the furniture-designer Finn Juhl
32538.jpg
Finn+juhl+stor
83468_68_jpg_323306d.jpg
1-34.jpg
27.jpg
What I like except for the furniture is that you can see people are living there.

mksims

Reaction score
Speaking of Interior Design, I've just come across this blog post http://design-milk.com/gaetano-pesce...th-sessantuna/ about a new project by Italian designer Gaetano Pesce and Italian design make Cassina. It's a series of 61 unique tables, here's a picture of one of them:
sessantuna-1.jpg

Thought I could speak about it as I hadn't seen it mentioned yet. What do you think of it?

GlenCoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicholas
I'm quite fond of the same era. Modern interior design often leaves me a bit cold inside, maybe because it's too reminiscent of vast empty public spaces. The lack of eclecticism isn't making things better. Finding interesting pieces to fill your home with should require more than picking up a catalogue from dwr. One modern (1930) interior space I like is Villa Müller by Adolf Loos:
muellerint1.jpg

20091228Villa+M%C3%BCller%28Housing%2922.jpg
20091228Villa+M%C3%BCller%28Housing%2920.jpg
more pictures here

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GlenCoe
One modern (1930) interior space I like is Villa Müller by Adolf Loos:
muellerint1.jpg
more pictures here

Is this a funeral home?

GlenCoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
Is this a funeral home?

I know. Not a single rotating disco ball.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GlenCoe
I know. Not a single rotating disco ball.

Your point of reference complements your taste.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in true styleforum fashion, people post interiors that would cost millions to re-create.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
in true styleforum fashion, people post interiors that would cost millions to re-create.

+1 I'd like to see what SFer's do for small interiors. I find that filling a typical townhouse or condo with french or english style furniture and design a bit odd, it requires appropriate design in the room itself.

I'm tending to lean on modern, but I like modern only to a point. The extremely cold looking interiors do nothing for me. I'd like to see modern that looks like something that would be livable, well decorated beyond just furniture placement and wall adornments.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
+1 I'd like to see what SFer's do for small interiors. I find that filling a typical townhouse or condo with french or english style furniture and design a bit odd, it requires appropriate design in the room itself.

I'm tending to lean on modern, but I like modern only to a point. The extremely cold looking interiors do nothing for me. I'd like to see modern that looks like something that would be livable, well decorated beyond just furniture placement and wall adornments.

This site does a small apartment competition every year 1000sqf or less, there's some pretty nice places in between and something for almost every taste.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kjærholm home, Oresund, Denmark, 1962.

Architecture by Hanne Kjærholm; furniture by Poul Kjærholm; illumination by Poul Henningsen et al.

pk01n.jpg

pk02.jpg

pk03f.jpg

pk04e.jpg

pk05z.jpg

pk06u.jpg

pk07.jpg

pk08.jpg

pk09.jpg

pk10.jpg

pk11.jpg

pk12.jpg

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a thought, why is it that most of the more designy pads are in wide open spaces/looking out over the sea?

Personally I would like to see some houses/interiors that are more in sync with the woods. (there was one alongside a waterfall mentioned around here i believe, that and the house from "ferris buelers day out" )

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian
Kjærholm home, Oresund, Denmark, 1962.

Just for the record oresund is the sea between Denmark and Sweden and not a place, the house is located in Charlottenlund north of Copenhagen

Originally Posted by nootje
Just a thought, why is it that most of the more designy pads are in wide open spaces/looking out over the sea?

Personally I would like to see some houses/interiors that are more in sync with the woods. (there was one alongside a waterfall mentioned around here i believe, that and the house from "ferris buelers day out" )

You are thinking about Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater house www.fallingwater.org

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads