• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

much better quality MTM from the better-QC shops

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/52943/indochino-suits/3255#post_8461980 layout=inline]Will nobody answer the simple question of "What are some 'quality' MTM shops"???[/CONTENTEMBED]

Even if it made junk for everyone else. If it made great garment for you, its a quality shop just for you.
If it made a quality garment for everyone else. But made junk for you. then its your junk shop.
You need to try it to know.it. Test drive before you buy. sorry, you cant test drive this.
In this case you have to buy first, in order to test.

Last edited:

Nafets47

Reaction score
My son just received his "made to measure" suit (and I use that term very loosely) from Indochino that he had made for a wedding. He was measured by in store staff. It is probably the worst fitting suit I have ever seen on anybody. Could have bought a $99 suit off the rack that would fit better. One arm was 2 inches shorter than the other, the chest was too tight, the fabric pulled, pants were smooth in the front, puckered on the sides and drooped in the back. Looked totally cheap and sloppy. When I commented on it, they said their cookie cutter pattern couldn't be adjusted to take into account factors such as different arm lengths, one higher shoulder etc. I took it to my own tailor (since Indochino doesn't even have a tailor on site) and he said he has been asked to fix literally hundreds of Indochino suits. Just a huge ripoff. Made in China. You get what you pay for. Spend the extra five hundred bucks and get a suit made properly by somebody who knows what they are doing. Once you wear a good suit you will never go back to this crap.

I feel really bad for all of you who have been suckered into buying a suit from Indochino thinking because it is made to measure then it must be good. It's not.
I bought a suit from them and completely agree. I have never had such a poorly fitting suit in my life, and it was MADE TO MEASURE!

I decided to look around and find a suit OTR that fit my chest and shoulders and just get it tailored for me and it was the best decision I have made in regards to "affordable" suiting.

After looking around on the forums I found that Ralph Lauren Black Label has the fit I was looking for and it fits me nearly perfect baring the sleeves which need to be taken up and the waist taken in, then it fits like a glove.
-
I really wanted Indochino to be legit and exactly what they claimed. However, I was extremely pissed off when I received their "product", my wife had to remind me that I could return it for free before I ripped it apart in frustration.

Do not waste your time on this crap, look around regarding suiting on the forums and discover what will work for you. Wanting to look good is why you went to Indochino and all that will happen is your money will be tied up until you can return it to them with frustration.

Good luck.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a suit and a tux from Indochino and my experience was great. You have to go in knowing there is a 100% chance you will get the jacket (and maybe the pants) remade. This should be expected. Consider it part of the fitting process.

In both instances, I first received a very ill-fitting jacket. I made the necessary adjustments in measurements, sent them back, and the remake was wonderful.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You have to go in knowing there is a 100% chance you will get the jacket (and maybe the pants) remade. This should be expected. Consider it part of the fitting process.

remaking the garment should not be part of the process.

If a remake is part of the cost structure of the garment, then the customer is paying a much higher price for a seriously low cost garment.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You have to go in knowing there is a 100% chance you will get the jacket (and maybe the pants) remade. This should be expected. Consider it part of the fitting process.

remaking the garment should not be part of the process.

If a remake is part of the cost structure of the garment, then the customer is paying a much higher price for a seriously low cost garment.

Well, it is. No one here thinks their suits are high quality. At least, I imagine no one does. But for the price, they offer a good way of getting a suit to fit someone like me with a bodybuilder-type physique who has a hell of a time finding anything OTR to even tailor.

I've also never paid full price for them. But again (and I thought this was common knowledge but I guess not), the conventional wisdom surrounding indochino is that a remake is nearly a fire gon conclusion the first time.

I should've clarified that my second suit did not need a remake at all. Because I already had the measurements correct from the remade tux I bought first.

mintyfresh

Reaction score
It was late, I had a few drinks, and received a Black Friday email from Indochino. I purchased this 'premium' navy suit for $350. :uhoh:

Aware of Indochino's flaws from reading reviews only AFTER making my purchase :spew:, I was wondering if anyone here had a decent experience with the NYC showroom in terms of getting measured. Or should I trust my wife's skills? Or should I just go to a tailor?

I've only read nightmares on Yelp, but let's be honest - those who have had a bad experience will be more vocal than those who have had a good/decent one.

Also - if the suit is completely ill-fitting and not mendable, does Indochino freely offer up a re-make? Or is this one you demand? I cannot find any policies in this regard on their website.

For the price, I can only hope it's as good as my OTR one bought on major sale from TMLewin a few years ago (I have a fairly standard body size - 5'9" 155; and low budget :D). Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

starro

Reaction score
It was late, I had a few drinks, and received a Black Friday email from Indochino. I purchased this 'premium' navy suit for $350.
uhoh.gif

Aware of Indochino's flaws from reading reviews only AFTER making my purchase
snork[1].gif
, I was wondering if anyone here had a decent experience with the NYC showroom in terms of getting measured. Or should I trust my wife's skills? Or should I just go to a tailor?

I've only read nightmares on Yelp, but let's be honest - those who have had a bad experience will be more vocal than those who have had a good/decent one.

Also - if the suit is completely ill-fitting and not mendable, does Indochino freely offer up a re-make? Or is this one you demand? I cannot find any policies in this regard on their website.

For the price, I can only hope it's as good as my OTR one bought on major sale from TMLewin a few years ago (I have a fairly standard body size - 5'9" 155; and low budget
biggrin.gif
). Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

I think the best advice is, Cancel order!

As to who should measure you, I don't know your wife, I don't know if she has experience sewing, measuring, mending etc. If she has some skills, take her with you to IC, let the salesman measure you, evaluate whether he knows what he's doing, confer with your wife, then decide whether to accept the salesman's numbers or to override them.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was late, I had a few drinks, and received a Black Friday email from Indochino. I purchased this 'premium' navy suit for $350.
uhoh.gif

Aware of Indochino's flaws from reading reviews only AFTER making my purchase
snork[1].gif
, I was wondering if anyone here had a decent experience with the NYC showroom in terms of getting measured. Or should I trust my wife's skills? Or should I just go to a tailor?

For the price, I can only hope it's as good as my OTR one bought on major sale from TMLewin a few years ago (I have a fairly standard body size - 5'9" 155; and low budget
biggrin.gif
). Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks
I bought a tuxedo after getting measured in the NYC show room. I will say their first measurement is typically off, but that's ok. They will remake the first one and to me it seemed like they expected that. I didn't receive any push back on my remake request. In fact, my remake was a little tight in the shoulders so they even offered to remake it again at no fee, but I didn't have time as I needed the tuxdeo within the month. I'm pretty happy with the measurements and these pants are probably the best fitting pair I own.

mintyfresh

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses here. I was unable to cancel the order, so decided to go into the showroom for a measurement. The whole experience took about 40 minutes and the associate (Hillary) was very pleasant to deal with. Will report back when I get the suit.

mintyfresh

Reaction score

Thanks for the responses here. I was unable to cancel the order, so decided to go into the showroom for a measurement. The whole experience took about 40 minutes and the associate (Hillary) was very pleasant to deal with. Will report back when I get the suit.

Reporting back!

Received the suit in about 3 weeks time and the verdict is positive. Very positive, actually.

The jacket is about 95% there to me. I will ask them to loosen up the back just a slight bit (if not possible, i'd be fine as is), and a very slight shortening of the sleeves.

The pants are also about 95% there. The back comes up slightly high, giving me a mini-wedgie. There seems to be sufficient fabric on the inside to let them out a wee bit. When wearing the jacket, the pants look perfect to me. Nice and slim.

I'll try to get pictures another day when the sun is out, given that my room is dim and pictures would be poor.

I'm very happy with the purchase, especially given the fraught reviews all over the web.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Reporting back!

Received the suit in about 3 weeks time and the verdict is positive. Very positive, actually.

The jacket is about 95% there to me. I will ask them to loosen up the back just a slight bit (if not possible, i'd be fine as is), and a very slight shortening of the sleeves.

The pants are also about 95% there. The back comes up slightly high, giving me a mini-wedgie. There seems to be sufficient fabric on the inside to let them out a wee bit. When wearing the jacket, the pants look perfect to me. Nice and slim.

I'll try to get pictures another day when the sun is out, given that my room is dim and pictures would be poor.

I'm very happy with the purchase, especially given the fraught reviews all over the web.

Good to hear man. I think Indochino provides pretty good value (since everything is always on sale) if you can get it done in person and plan ahead.

mintyfresh

Reaction score

Reporting back!

After two more adjustments (jacket back loosened slightly, seat of pants adjusted, pants shortened), the suit is back and looks great!!

I'll say that the pants are improved, but still not 100%. I'll live with it - if it were off-the-rack, I wouldn't even notice. Indochino was more than willing to re-cut / make another adjustment, but I was sufficiently satisfied with the results.

I'm not sure if I would recommend Indochino's services if a storefront wasn't near or the individual lacks access to a good tailor nearby (I was tempted to just take the pants to LNC). Otherwise - worth a shot at the right price. Will try to share pics when I can get good lighting at home.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads