• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need some white sneakers.

Cyber0066

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions.

I've tried the white high-ankle chucks before and found them to look ridiculous on me. Maybe just a personal preference. I'll look into the other suggestions.

bBoy JEe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Uhhh... No.

The purpose of coming to a style forum is that he wants them to look good.

I used to find Converses unbearable, but my high tops aren't bad and I wear them at least once or twice per week. I have the same ones Joel_Cairo linked to and I like them. I'll probably wear them tomorrow for casual Friday.

Uh... not everyone here likes chucks and wants to look like a heroin addict... thanks.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knownastron
Super feet insoles.

http://www.superfeet.com/

Great stuff, so many different models. Orange for casual kicks, black I believe is for flat feet. I wear both orange and Green (more shock absorption). Just check out the site man, theres a crazy lot of info.

And flat feet is not always a problem, sometimes it runs in the family. However the worst foot problems usually are related to flat feet.

Enjoy!

man those are expensive insoles!
same prices as the cons!

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I really like the cheap white plimsolls I see lots of kids here and SuFu wearing.

King Salmon

Reaction score

soonami

Reaction score
+2 Purcells

They look nice clean and white as well as broken in. Mine were a little uncomfortable at first but now that they have had some wear they are great

dougie

Reaction score
i've been wearing these for the past couple weeks:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7190797/c/19190.html

i love white/off-white sneakers; i'm loath to buy another color. that said, it's been chucks unbleached canvas hi-tops for me since about 1993, with minor variations here and there. this is by far the best variation i've found, eclipsing even the original. they look sweet and nobody has them. i've gotten a bunch of compliments since i started wearing them and they're far more comfortable than standard-issue chucks. the insole's built in but you should still size down at least half a size. i strongly recommend 'em.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I really like the cheap white plimsolls I see lots of kids here and SuFu wearing.

Me too. I wish it wasn't near impossible to get a pair if you don't live in NYC. Most of them are wearing the Easy USA shoes purchased in china town for $4 in white or black. There is a european website (oliopoli or something?) that sells similar shoes for $20-30 but then there is shipping. I want a pair of easys in white and black. I bought a pair from supermarket but they didn't fit me.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Me too. I wish it wasn't near impossible to get a pair if you don't live in NYC. Most of them are wearing the Easy USA shoes purchased in china town for $4 in white or black. There is a european website (oliopoli or something?) that sells similar shoes for $20-30 but then there is shipping. I want a pair of easys in white and black. I bought a pair from supermarket but they didn't fit me.
I think you are thinking of here: http://www.whiteplimsolls.com/index-5.html It's about 20 USD, and 12 shipping. $32 isn't that bad, but that's before you realize you're essentially paying 8 times as much for the same ****** $4 canvas sneaker you could get in China Town. Although honestly I have no idea how good those plimsolls are. I just can't imagine them lasting any longer than a pair of chucks.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Thanks, dan. That's the site i was thinking of. You summed up the reason i haven't bought from them. Plus, the chinatown shoes look a lot better in my opinion and not just like chuck knockoffs.
USA! USA! USA! Hmm. Someone should let us know where exactly in China town the plimpsolls are so the next time I'm in NYC I can buy myself ten pairs.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theresajulianne