• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ad_infinitum
Done.

I like the last part and I agree that it would be a great way to think about it. Sadly enough what I aspire to be and do and even describe myself as... is often far more what I would like to be, rather than who I am. Who am I kidding, at one moment I want to write a children's picture book and devote it to her, than a girl with a nice bum walks by and I find myself immersed, or rather wish I could be 'immersed' in something 'completely different'. But when she used her cute voice, all wrapped in that unwieldy giant ass blanket... ****, I am doing it again. I think the conclusion is, I do not even know how I feel about it and summarizing and complaining about it in a post on a fashion forum that I have been lurking on for so long... well it is just plain stupid.
smile.gif

I felt like that at times, would bring it up than we would fight. Than I would rethink it... than I though it might be me who is demanding, than it was fine and I just enjoed being with her... I don't know, see above^ for stupid
smile.gif

haha this is gold wtff

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deranged
how did i wish her ill will? i just wanted her out of my life.

p.s. get off my nuts.

Sorry to break it to you, but if you post your life on an Internet forum, you should expect people to give their opinions, even if you don't agree with them.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deranged
how did i wish her ill will? i just wanted her out of my life.

p.s. get off my nuts.

You're right. That "crazy *****" as you so aptly described her, among all the other things you intended to do (like lead her along, etc) are proof that you're a mature, well-reasoned human being and not a douche.

....wait.

deranged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
You're right. That "crazy *****" as you so aptly described her, among all the other things you intended to do (like lead her along, etc) are proof that you're a mature, well-reasoned human being and not a douche. ....wait.
... wait, what? did you actually read any of the thread? when did i call her a crazy *****? what did i intend to do?
facepalm.gif
lol. reading comprehension. it is a difficult skill to acquire for some... p.s. stop derailing this thread and stick with the topic.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
******* single again. ****. Good thing I'm not much of a drinker.
Being single is under-rated.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Having lunch with my ex tomorrow.
smile.gif
My charm will surely make her miss teh wilkster.

she hasn't replaced you yet?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
she hasn't replaced you yet?
Apparently not, but she said she misses me and "loves it when I msg her."
Still, there will be no reunion as of right now, as we would basically be in the same situation we were in when we decided to break up--- one that is un-workable. It will still be nice to see her in real life and speak with her. I miss her a lot, and even though tomorrow we won't be a couple again, it will be good for us I think.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Having lunch with my ex tomorrow.
smile.gif
My charm will surely make her miss teh wilkster.

you sound like you really love her,but i think you might be setting yourself up for dissapointment.
i was in sorta same situation,seeing my ex for lunch regularly,trying to have me on her mind as much as possible by now and then getting together,being "friends" etc
what you wrote struck a nerve with me "the we will be togeteher soon but now we need to be apart blah blah" because i heard those same words from mine,but soon i realized that was just talk to hold me over till i got over it.
women use that trick to ween you off the relationship,i sincerely hope im wrong,but once a woman checks out thats pretty much it.
dont mean to rain on your parade,just a cautionary tale i guess.
if i can impart anything on you,is that after that relationship which i thought would be my last,i met the coolest chick and still with her...for what it is,keep your pimp hand strong

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Thanks man. I appreciate the advice, really. But in all honesty, this is something that I really want to pursue, truthfully do believe will end up the way I want it to someday, etc. And if it doesn't, I think it's important life experience to go through, rather than to take someone's advice and give up on it, know what I mean? I totally understand that the chances are 50/50 (if not worse) of us kind of fading apart, but that is not going to stop me from fighting for it while I can.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks man. I appreciate the advice, really. But in all honesty, this is something that I really want to pursue, truthfully do believe will end up the way I want it to someday, etc. And if it doesn't, I think it's important life experience to go through, rather than to take someone's advice and give up on it, know what I mean? I totally understand that the chances are 50/50 (if not worse) of us kind of fading apart, but that is not going to stop me from fighting for it while I can.

definitely dont give up,just dont let it consume you,and im not talking fatal atrraction obsession here...just dont give up on opportunities (ie different women) just because what could be,im not talking about skanks in clubs or waitresses but if karma throws you soft one and you meet a woman by chance in a library etc go for it,might even work in your favour hehe.
if a woman knows youre always available,she will take longer to come around....**** i dont claim to know much about women (who does except maybe metrostyles) but i do find the last part to be true...anyway good luck,i really mean that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads