• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much student debt did/will you graduate with?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious what kind of debt load people here have from their education and how long they expect to spend paying it off. I met one guy with 2 degrees who will spend the next 7 years paying off $30,000 in student debt.

oops. if a moderator sees, this, please move it to general chat

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
I met one guy with 2 degrees who will spend the next 7 years paying off $30,000 in student debt.

oops. if a moderator sees, this, please move it to general chat

actually that does not sound too bad. that amounts to about a bit over 4000 dollars a year. not sure what the interest is on college loans though.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I won't have any debt. Fortunitaley for me, my parents are footing the bill.

metkirk

Reaction score
About 10k for me
plain.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
$0.
Techincally came out with some $ since I inflated the cost of my books and tuition to my parents.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Came out with 74k after two graduate degrees. Not only didn't get buck one from my mother, I have helped her pay her bills since I can remember.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andrewlef
No student debt here. Got a $160,000 college education care of mom and dad. Now, if only I could apply it to my career in some way.....

Huh? you spent $160,000 on education? What kind of degree did you get?

Earthmover

Reaction score
With no parental contribution, came out of a private university with ~$21k in debt (thank you, Ms. Financial Aid) and after law school, it blew up like the Godfather to $140k. It's like a freaking mortgage, except with no house.

Federally subsidized loans are at 2.25% (about 1/2 of the total) and the private loans average to about 8.5%

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads