• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pairs of jeans do you own?

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

They'res nothing wrong with having 57 pairs of jeans - some people have several. Hundred!

If we were all the same life would be very boring..:)

One of my dearest friends owns and runs a museum dedicated to denim with over 12,000 pieces (jeans and jackets)

How's that for a collection?:):):)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

What is the name of the museum???

Just "Jeansmuseum"

It's open to the public by appointment only, in the Zurich Swiss Mountains and is run by one of my best friends, who loved jeans as much as I do, and has been collecting them for 30 years+!

He is always willing to exhibit your worn out jeans (or jackets) and immortalise your favourite worn out jeans forever...

If anybody wants to contribute towards this amazing museum, please PM me and I'll contact the owner, who would be happy to receive any donation, however trashed or worn out they are!!!

Personally, I have been making annual donations since 2012, and will continue to for the rest of my life, as I can't bear to throw jeans away even in holes and love the idea of having my clothes displayed in a museum!

He accepts any make, from no brand jeans to the top names and his stock is awesome!

It would be great if SF members could donate their unwanted or worn out jeans to somebody with such a passion for denim - he currently has documented between 12-13,000 pieces.

I don't think anybody else on SF has that many jeans!!!

57 seems quite modest in comparison!:)

:):)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just ordered pair no.9 from Yoox

J Brand Deep Purple skinny denim jeans

Back to denim ban!:)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Just ordered pair no.9 from Yoox

J Brand Deep Purple skinny denim jeans

Back to denim ban!:)

Off denim ban!

10 is a nice round number, so I'll track down one more pair and then I'm back on jeans ban!

Happy Shopping to me!:)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Off denim ban!

10 is a nice round number, so I'll track down one more pair and then I'm back on jeans ban!

Happy Shopping to me!:)

I've found a pair of very bleached jeans, which remind me of my teenage passion for bleached Levi's!!!

If I don't find anything else, these will be my 10th pair for sure, followed by a 2 year jeans ban...:)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I've found a pair of very bleached jeans, which remind me of my teenage passion for bleached Levi's!!!

If I don't find anything else, these will be my 10th pair for sure, followed by a 2 year jeans ban...:)

I've just ordered the bleached jeans, just like the ones I wore in the 1980s!

Now I'll have 10 pairs of jeans in total!

I'm now on a total clothing ban for 2 years until 3rd May 2016

No sweaters, jackets, coats, shirts or jeans!!!

Very hard but I need to clear my bills, and my closet will be full anyway!:)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Clothing ban is going to be impossible for a girl who shops all year round - if I succeed I'm going on a massive shopping spree and hope not to max out my credit cards yet again - they were supposed to be going down, not up!

I'll need new boots next year, but that doesn't count as clothing...but when the new season comes trickling into the shops and onto the online shops, it's going to be very hard to resist!!!:):):)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My 10 pairs consists now of:

Naked and Famous cashmere stretch Leggy Girl
Naked and Famous Super Slub Leggy Girl
Naked and Famous Glow in the Dark
J Brand Deep Purple denim skinny jeans
3x1 custom 13oz Kaihara XX133 Black denim
3x1 bespoke 13oz Kurabo Stone Bleach denim
Gieves and Hawkes 21oz Kurabo bespoke indigo
Gieves and Hawkes 19oz Kurabo bespoke indigo
Pure Blue Japan 1069-2-PP purple face denim
3sixteen natural Pima cotton 9 1/2oz denim

I'm happy with my collection finally, and don't see myself adding to it in the foreseeable future:):):)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My 10 pairs consists now of:

Naked and Famous cashmere stretch Leggy Girl
Naked and Famous Super Slub Leggy Girl
Naked and Famous Glow in the Dark
J Brand Deep Purple denim skinny jeans
3x1 custom 13oz Kaihara XX133 Black denim
3x1 bespoke 13oz Kurabo Stone Bleach denim
Gieves and Hawkes 21oz Kurabo bespoke indigo
Gieves and Hawkes 19oz Kurabo bespoke indigo
Pure Blue Japan 1069-2-PP purple face denim
3sixteen natural Pima cotton 9 1/2oz denim

I'm happy with my collection finally, and don't see myself adding to it in the foreseeable future:):):)

So much for my jeans ban!

Today (9th May), I got back together with my ex boyfriend who has promised me a new pair of jeans on his payday at the end of the month, so I'll have 11 pairs!:)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

So much for my jeans ban!

Today (9th May), I got back together with my ex boyfriend who has promised me a new pair of jeans on his payday at the end of the month, so I'll have 11 pairs!:)

Dying to see which jeans my re-united boyfriend will buy me..

I'm still on a 2 year clothing ban, apart from boots next year, until 3rd May 2016, unless I truly can't live without something or I need new shirts, but 11 pairs of well fitting jeans is a record for me - no I don't intend to round it up to a dozen, but with BiG and SE and other online stores constantly having better and better jeans, it's going to be Really tough to stick to!

Yesterday my J Brand Deep Purple skinny jeans arrived from Yoox, and I'm expecting another pair next week:)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Dying to see which jeans my re-united boyfriend will buy me..

I'm still on a 2 year clothing ban, apart from boots next year, until 3rd May 2016, unless I truly can't live without something or I need new shirts, but 11 pairs of well fitting jeans is a record for me - no I don't intend to round it up to a dozen, but with BiG and SE and other online stores constantly having better and better jeans, it's going to be Really tough to stick to!

Yesterday my J Brand Deep Purple skinny jeans arrived from Yoox, and I'm expecting another pair next week:)

Hoping my re-united boyfriend will treat me to another pair of Kaihara XX133 black denim jeans at the end of the month, otherwise I'll have to find something a bit cheaper...:)

Allen Smithee

Reaction score
I have two pair of actual denim jeans, one blue Diamond Gusset and the other ancient Calvin Klein brown. Both are beaters and not for style wear. I have two old jean cut things in a twill cloth, one khaki and one black. The khaki once fill a void for casual lightweight wear in the warmer months.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I have two pair of actual denim jeans, one blue Diamond Gusset and the other ancient Calvin Klein brown.  Both are beaters and not for style wear.  I have two old jean cut things in a twill cloth, one khaki and one black.  The khaki once fill a void for casual lightweight wear in the warmer months.

I wish I could manage with just 2 pairs, but I live in jeans and am a denim freak!

By the time I receive all of my ordered pairs I'll have 11, which is enough...

Being shipped to me today:

Kurabo custom 19oz indigo Selvedge jeans:

medphred

Reaction score
7 for All Mankind x1
A Goldschmeid x3
Buffalo x2

... And a few 'beater' pair for working round the yard/house

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads