• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

House Gut and Major Reno

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I actually really like it. I especially like what you have done with the kitchen, it looks so much more usable now. I would say you have done a really great job, even if some people don't agree with your choices.

Once point of concern, is the brick in good condition?

chrisjr

Reaction score

^I actually really like it. I especially like what you have done with the kitchen, it looks so much more usable now. I would say you have done a really great job, even if some people don't agree with your choices.
Once point of concern, is the brick in good condition?

That looks fantastic. Really great work.

Cheers, exterior is only about 50% complete. wait til you see what's in store for the backyard landscaping, it's :slayer:.

For the brick quality, the bricks that were most tattered were removed and replaced. wanted to keep the exterior brick as much as possible, as i believe it adds to the character of the house & helps in fit in the neighbourhood.

went for the smart home treatment as well. the entire home has a high level of automation and electronic/remote control.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of that color of brick, but I can understand why you would want to keep it traditional. I love the windows!

MarcInDentonTx

Reaction score

Move in next week.
Beginning in mid Jan of this year, house is in very out dated condition:

The demo begins:

Adding support beams

Future garage site

not enough windows on the rear...

dig out for the basement:

How about trying to turn ^^ into this?

Almost finito:

Unbelievably well done. I am available for adoption if you are in the market.

chrisjr

Reaction score
^^ Appreciate the kind words. More and more happening every day. Focus is moving to decorating interior which is a whole 'nother can of worms.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Looks like nice work being done but those are some godawful skinny lots.

chrisjr

Reaction score
30' x 160'. don't really need the extra space tbh, and it's fantastic being such a close walk to everything.
decking is going on the garage & front landscaping being worked on this week.

chrisjr

Reaction score

Oh yes, kudos to them for their fantastic work on it. I had fun working on design elements and helping with concepts. Can't justify paying rent on an apartment just yet - have a very expensive academic year next year.
Still, enough room for a four+dog to live here, and plenty extra.
Paint is up, navy blue/grey colour depending on your eyes, looks bomb.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xlagane