• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Honey vs Sugar

Taxler

Reaction score
Anyone prefer honey over sugar as a sweetner? I'm not tring to loose weight, achive some training result, and I don't use much of either, so the caloric difference isn't that important to me; I want to know if anyone who has exclusivly switched from one to the other has noticed a real difference.

A minimal amount of research leads me to believe there's some nutritonal advantage of honey over sugar if it's raw, unprocessed, or unheated, but is there a substantial and noticable health advantage otherwise?

Taxler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jlluch
raw honey is better than sugar. Agave is even better.

I thinks there's some controversy about how agave is processed and it's similarities to HFCS. I haven't seen anything suggesting honey is in any way bad.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When these questions start to be asked, it's time to step away, relax, and worry about other things.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
When these questions start to be asked, it's time to step away, relax, and worry about other things.

Sad thing is that the media and other social influences doesn't help either.

turbozed

Reaction score
The only advantage I see from honey over sugar is that honey is more hydrophilic so it'll attract and keep more moisture (good if you like moist baked goods or foods).

Otherwise, from a macronutrient perspective, they're both basically simple sugars which will behave exactly the same in your body as far as metabolism is concerned.

FromCAtoCO

Reaction score
Honey may be better for you than refined sugar, but only marginaly. Shouldnt be that big a deal for anyone.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I chew on stalks of sugarcane instead.

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vegetarians call honey beepuke ..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads