• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holy trinity of trainers

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
try mr. kunk's magic eraser.

btw this thread is useless without pictures. i will post pics of my collection soon

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spirit of 69
http://www.golaclassics.com/ProductD...rID=2024&Set=0

And these are my Puma's bought in the Autumn. The only difference is that I've put reggae/Jamaican (black, yellow, green) laces in mine.

http://www.planet-sports.com/images/...blackwhite.jpg

those dk blue Golas are the ones I really like as well

and the Pumas remind me of their version of the samba. very nice.

One of my fave Adidas I wear is the Saigon, which is basically a reissue of the "Japan" but in the inverse colorway (red w/white stripe rather than white w/red stripe)

c7a70e498d857caf9f8b2d9fc1a41ba7_674x274.jpg

My other fave Adidas are my Antelopes
http://www.press.adidas.com/ch_fr/re...spx?raid=16114

My lone pair of Pumas are the "Kugel"
600071v.jpg

Spirit of 69

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rbny
Current trainers in my rotation:

Any suggestions for cleaning white trainers?

Just warm water and a brush is what I use on my leather Adidas and that works a treat. Then I rub in some neutral shoe cream.

Casual

Reaction score
adidas City suede series, ZX runners, Trimm Trab & Munchen
Nike '80s runners (Internationalist, Epic, Omega)
New Balance 576, 860 (both still made in the UK)

Have the "skins" worn anything other than Sambas or Superstars since the '90s?

Spirit of 69

Reaction score

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Casual
Have the "skins" worn anything other than Sambas or Superstars since the '90s?

In the USA...not that I've seen

all the fellas over here wear samba if they lean towards traditional skinhead, and superstars if they are more into punk/hardcore

Casual

Reaction score
There's a great photo of the Spencer Davis Group playing live and a couple of them are wearing adidas. Wanted to post it, but am having no luck finding it.

Spirit of 69

Reaction score
Back in the 60s and 70s, the Adidas of choice was similar to the Antelope with leather top cap and ridged sole but black with white stripes, and the sole came up the front a bit like most proper running shoes, as opposed to the indoor sports sole and suede toecap of the Samba. This shoe was worn by loads of kids.

I used to wear them. But can I find a pair of these original black and whites nowadays? Can I buggery! I don't even know what they're called, if indeed they had a name back then.

My Pumas provide the necessary look until then.

As regards "skins", well the classic Mod Adidas was the all white Stan Smith. But trad skins avoided trainers like the plague.

In recent years however, I've seen debooted Skins and Casuals in lots of various trainers from Adidas to Lacoste to Fred Perry to Puma.
In the UK in the 90s the Samba was more an indiekid/Britpop trainer. I've never seen a skinhead wearing Samba, in the UK or Sweden.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I've never seen a skinhead wearing Samba, in the UK or Sweden.

It's def a US Skin look...tho I've seen younger British guys wear sambas too, maybe mimicking something they saw when a band came thru their town while on tour

Spirit of 69

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, it's a good look. I like the Samba, which is basically the same as my Spezials but in a different colour.

But all the skins I know in Sweden and the UK either wear all white Adidas (Stans) or white with black stripes or white Fred Perry or in some cases even white Le Coq Sportif and white Lacoste, but then they are skins moving towards casual. Which I've noticed is a common journey in recent years. When my crew go out to a gig or the pub debooted, we look more like casuals than skins anyway in white trainers, jeans and Harringtons and the odd bit of Stone Island thrown in for confusion's sake
smile.gif

A casual will nearly ALWAYS wear white trainers, or black, rarely anything else! No loud colours anyway

Casual

Reaction score
Back in the 60s and 70s, the Adidas of choice was similar to the Antelope with leather top cap and ridged sole but black with white stripes, and the sole came up the front a bit like most proper running shoes, as opposed to the indoor sports sole and suede toecap of the Samba. This shoe was worn by loads of kids.

Sounds like Kick or Rom. Not what they try and pass of as Rom nowadays, mind you. This site has a lot of great photos nicetrainersmate.co.uk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads