• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what I'm wearing today; x-post from the Friday Challenge.

Deets: Cad & The Dandy bespoke blazer suit in Minnis fresco (I think 520, but I can't actually remember -it's somewhere between a true navy and RAF blue), Club Monaco (yes, you read that right) navy bengal stripe shirt , Post-Imperial cotton tie, wimple white cotton hank (+ unseen black Crockett & Jones Hallams and burgundy Mazarin socks).

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
From the FC:

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chocsosa always looks very classy in each pic he posts. I don't remember how tall he is (6' 8" ?), but I'm going to assume his feet are much larger then the average poster here. Even if he opened up the bottom of the trouser by a half inch his shoes would still look very long. He likes a close fitting suit and and I don't see any reason to alter his personal style to work around his shoe size.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a real feat to look that nice while being that tall. Having said that, I think wider lapels and a more shaped jacket with a little bit of a swelled chest would make it even more impressive, but to each his own. I prefer jackets that have some three dimensionality to them, they're a bit more dramatic. Some Italian and British tailors are very good at this, and of course we can't forget BNtailor. It's a style that looks very good on a lot of different people.

Last edited:

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a real feat to look that nice while being that tall. Having said that, I think wider lapels and a more shaped jacket with a little bit of a swelled chest would make it even more impressive, but to each his own. I prefer jackets that have some three dimensionality to them, they're a bit more dramatic. Some Italian and British tailors are very good at this, and of course we can't forget BNtailor. It's a style that looks very good on a lot of different people.

BNTailor come at me :D
ept_sports_nba_experts-950963039-1277474064.jpg
Don't think it'll look good on very tall guys. The better dressed NBA players often wear sleek suits with clean lines.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Generally, choc is on top of his look, but his pants would still look trim and sleek with a wider leg opening.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BNTailor come at me :D
ept_sports_nba_experts-950963039-1277474064.jpg
Don't think it'll look good on very tall guys. The better dressed NBA players often wear sleek suits with clean lines.

That's because they don't know any better. Don't straight lines make you look taller?

I bet it would be bad ass on a very tall person. A very powerful look, perhaps a bit intimidating even, so I can see why some might want to avoid that.

SamF

Reaction score

Yeah completely agree. Think this is my favourite AAS outfits. Classic, simple patterns and textures executed brilliantly.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its funny MF but the lapels on this suit are 3.7 which are bigger than the standard suit..the leg opening on these are 8.75..Officially I am 6"9 with an athletic frame.. I have tried larger leg openings..but what I found is that it made it look like I had bell bottoms on..and it did not drape on the shoe properly..there is nothing in this world that will hide or take away from the size of my shoes..I like a sleeker last and at a size 14 there is nothing that I can wear that can hide that apart from wearing bell bottoms and looking like I am an extra from the soul train show from the 70's..some people will like it while some will not..but trust me this is better than the alternative..that pic that Kulata put up of Udoh (an NBA player drafted by Golden State Warriors) is real..believe it or not I am a couple of inches away from all sides clothing wise from my suits looking like that.. no matter what I appreciate all the thumbs guys..

Hey Sam F the cuffs are 2"..

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Very nice! But flannels? We have sunshine and 23 degrees C in Malmö.

Cheers!

It felt kinda chilly this morning, and I was stupid enough not to check the forecast. 19 degrees C here, which is still too warm for flannel.

Last edited:

FranSuitman

Reaction score
Today's look, same suit as of my first entry but a bit more of colour and fun. Maybe a simple white shirt would have looked better, I don't know, too late now, still looks fine to me.

By the way @EFV I really like yours today, you selected the right tie, that's a very nice tie, it doesn't look too bold from the distance. And @eviltimeban I do love red ties!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chocs and Cox with looks that rocks.

As for as the leg opening for choc, I do think it does look a little bit exaggerated in that close-up picture of his shoe, but in the full-length picture I really don't think that given the full ensemble that it looks bad. I think perhaps he could go a little bit wider, but that's not always realistic with ready-to-wear, and I think that going too much wider would ruin the effect of the general look, which is excellent as is. Imho.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads