• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh wow very different from mine. I believe I have single vent, darted and no surgeon cuffs. Ill have to double check. Does yours have MoP buttons?

As far as wearing I think bold 😆. Just kidding I will likely have some conservative looks planned to get by at work. View attachment 2186077
My buttons are not MOP. Your jacket looks nice. I’d like a wider lapel, but this style does have an appeal to it.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something I might wear in the fall, but the weather was right. Pink and brown.

IMG_1542.jpeg

IMG_1544.jpeg

IMG_1539.jpeg

IMG_1538.jpeg

IMG_1537.jpeg

IMG_1533.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The garish tie spoils an excellent outfit in my eyes. A blue one woulld be my choice, or alternatively no tie.
With those shoes, the tie is your complaint?

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kid1002

Reaction score
Putting on my first bespoke suit made in 2018. It's a grey sharkskin suit in Guabello Super 130s. Still fits pretty well though I did lose a tad bit of weight recently, therefore some slight collar gap in twisting positions...

Shirt and tie are recent pick-ups on my trip in Tokyo... A Camoshita tab collar shirt and Atto Vannucci sette pieghe tie.

IMG_7501.JPG
IMG_7496 拷贝.jpg
IMG_7461 拷贝.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7501.JPG
    IMG_7501.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 27

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not every day you encounter a car that matches your trousers.
IMG_7377.jpeg

Brooks Brothers jacket and argyle sweater vest, L L Bean blue OCBD shirt, Seaward & Stearn tie, Hermes pocket square, Polo Golf yellow corduroy trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

Was walking from the May 2024 Beverly Hills Art Show to the Container Store in Century City when I encountered this car.

For fans of random art show pictures in this thread, these are for you.

IMG_7358.jpeg

No matter what anyone else says, I have always thought this was a statue of Antoine Lavoisier and it serves as a warning to people even if you discover oxygen, when you are accused of tax fraud and selling bad tobacco, you will have your head cut off.

IMG_7361.jpeg

Across the street, the old post office, now the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts.

IMG_7362.jpeg

The local WWI memorial which was either (old version) liberated from a chateau in France by the local boys and brought back by them after November 11th 1918 or (new version) donated to the city by the French many years after WWI ended.

IMG_7364.jpeg

The Lily Pond tourists like to take pictures standing in front of. Some tourists go a step further, climb into the sign, and take pictures sitting on the letters.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wolfdale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_3815.jpeg

IMG_3816.jpeg

IMG_3561.jpeg

Hey guys,

Need your advice with this suit. I had the waist taken in and the trousers in a job that turned out to be something I dont really enjoy, a very pronounced hourglass shape and trousers too short (see pic #3).

I then took it to my usual tailor to have the waist reversed back to original and the trousers lengthened by using some fabric from inside and shortening the cuff from 2 to 1.5 inches.

Now with the suit in its current state, I am thinking whether I should take the waist in again, this time to something in between how it was before and how it was now. However, when looking from the back, I see it draping weirdly and fabric pulling from random spots. Is this because of all the butchering I got done to the suit? Would you take the waist in again or just leave it?

I am also pretty sure the sleeves were hemmed to different lengths by tailor #1. I am learning important lessons with this suit, lol. I am also going to get the cuffs back to a 1.75 and stop faffing with the trousers.

And yes, I need some better stuff to do with my life than obsess about this suit!!

As always, thanks for the invaluable advice!

PS: didnt take it to the original tailor because I live in a different city, for those wondering.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ultraaircoolerusa