• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no. You could try The Hound near Union Square. They carry Robert Talbott, and the one wide knit I have is a Robert Talbott.

qaza

Reaction score
It´s middle class RTW from a German brand called "Windsor". After the season you get this brand with a 50-70% discount from a german online outlet, which is a good price for the quality.

Oh, Windsor is familiar to me. I had trousers(bought in Vienna long ago) and a pair of shirts from them.

Thank you.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No meeting with bankers today but just dressed properly for work. Thanks for the shirts @Claghorn (today's and the last one).

Other than the square fold I think this might be your best look yet. Suit & tie look great, like the knot size/collar spread, really nice stuff. Where is the tie from?

I'm going back and forth here, but thinking that this might be one of the situations where a white linen square is not the optimal choice (maybe it's all the browns?), It's certainly not bad, and everything else looks great, but I think that something between the lightness of the shirt and darkness of the tie (maybe some dark green/brown/red/blue combo) that perhaps resolves to a solid at a distance would be really killer.

GMM - i gave you a like for the top block. bottom block not doin it for me, buddy.

Interested to hear what bothers you about the bottom block. Grey pants + brown suede seems like a pretty good combo. No socks?

JHT652

Reaction score
Other than the square fold I think this might be your best look yet. Suit & tie look great, like the knot size/collar spread, really nice stuff. Where is the tie from?

I'm going back and forth here, but thinking that this might be one of the situations where a white linen square is not the optimal choice (maybe it's all the browns?), It's certainly not bad, and everything else looks great, but I think that something between the lightness of the shirt and darkness of the tie (maybe some dark green/brown/red/blue combo) that perhaps resolves to a solid at a distance would be really killer.

Interested to hear what bothers you about the bottom block. Grey pants + brown suede seems like a pretty good combo. No socks?

@Cotton Dockers I'm sure you are right, unfortunately I don't own such a square so white was the best I had available. I will put a PS in the palette you suggest at the top of my shopping list :)

Last edited:

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Cotton Dockers I'm sure you are right, unfortunately I don't own such a square so white was the best I had available. I will put a PS in the palette you suggest at the top of my shopping list
smile.gif
Just a thought. Not sure if these are on point, but a handful of Drake's are on sale at Exquisite Trimmings.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The SF dreaded navy odd trousers. These are a new luxire flannel pair and first wear. They need a cm taken off the length I've decided. They also need a brush after only about an hour of wear, one of the drawbacks of flannel in dark colours I guess.

Tie: Henry Carter wool challis
Shirt: Luxire
Coat: Herringbone Sydney
PS: Henry Carter hand rolled Macclesfield
Trousers: Luxire navy flannel
Shoes: Carmina

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
After making several attempts over the last day or so, I can finally respond to bespokekiwi's vicious insinuation:

I have never used the words "wow factor" nor have I ever used the word "pop" in such a context.

BKiwi, you and I have a date, noon, in front of the SF Saloon. Bring a pistol.

@Claghorn the SF Saloon rendezvous sounds inviting, albeit for a pint (beer) or two mate -- not a duel. If I quoted your "pop" expression out of context, then I stand corrected and apologise unreservedly.
wink.gif

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece silk jacket, Brooksease button down shirt, ribbon belt, and argyle socks, Tie Bar tie, Squarextraordinare pocket square, Land's End trousers, and Allen Edmonds tan suede Standmoks in the local 1001 Arabian Nights fantasy land patterned after the Hanging Gardens Of Babylon.......

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
Besides, no matter how bespoke the kiwi, it is a well-known fact that ratite birds are terrible shots, as one would expect, having no upper appendages of any sort.

@upr_crust I confess that recently I sometimes wished that I was a ratite (wingless) bird like a kiwi. It would have saved me a great deal of time and effort over the past year from having to remotely troubleshoot numerous sleeve related issues (i.e. length, pitch, divot, armhole size and/or upper back/shoulders a size too big etc) with several new bespoke SC/blazers from my Hong Kong tailor.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Orange tie ... Cheers, Ac
Wish the orange tie appeared orange-er on my monitor. Thumb given nonetheless, as I like the fit and I like envisioning an orange-er orange (<3 orange).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads