• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's "Sawtelle Japantown" now. On Palm Sunday there was a gathering on Olympic and Sawtelle, local politicians and the Japanese Consul made speeches, the new "Sawtelle Japantown" signs were put up, and then everyone went around the corner to the Japanese Institute for more speeches and some food.

Did you run into @The Noodles while you were there?

peepwall[1].gif

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@ Roy Al - I almost always admire your pics. The bright red trainers look out of place in being too casual with that first pic. In the second pic your trousers look suspiciously in dispute with your shoes. Either you've hiked them too high or you might consider adding an inch to the length to get them to hit the top of your shoes.

@ Kulata - one of the most consistently good posters IMO, bold colors but always classy, and like chockie you are a big-chested fella who has found a way to choose clothes which always seem to fit well which may not be easy. I wonder where your patio is with those trees - Atlanta?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Couple of recent fits:

Last Thursday Kindergarten Stepping Up for my little guy.

Linen Jacket by Ercoles
English Garden Six Fold Tie by Yellow Hook
White Shirt by Ercoles
Grey Trousers by Ercoles
Brown Suede Double Monks by CarminaxEpaulet

Last Saturday, at a good friend's wedding.

Navy Seersucker Jacket by Epaulet
Navy Chambray Shirt by Yellow Hook
Green Cashmere Knit Tie by Yellow Hook
Ticking Stripe Trousers by Epaulet
Navy Suede Longwings by Alden

This past Monday Baby Girl's 7th birthday and my class' 8th Grade Graduation.

Linen Jacket by Ercoles
Navy Chambray Shirt by Yellow Hook
Italian Hand Printed Silk by Yellow Hook (Epaulet NY Exclusive)
Green Trousers by Epaulet
Suede Austerity Brogues by Epaulet

Last edited:

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ Roy Al - I almost always admire your pics. The bright red trainers look out of place in being too casual with that first pic. In the second pic your trousers look suspiciously in dispute with your shoes. Either you've hiked them too high or you might consider adding an inch to the length to get them to hit the top of your shoes.

It's mr Thurston that is too tight this morning. When I adjust the suspenders the trousers meet the shoes where they suppose to.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you run into @The Noodles while you were there?

peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

No, I didn't. However, I once walked past a restaurant in Westwood (on my way back home from UCLA Medical Center) where he apparently has his own table.......

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kulata, unbearably good.

:cheers:

@ Kulata - one of the most consistently good posters IMO, bold colors but always classy, and like chockie you are a big-chested fella who has found a way to choose clothes which always seem to fit well which may not be easy. I wonder where your patio is with those trees - Atlanta?

Thanks Ianceman.

How did you figure it was Atlanta? :lol: It's one of its suburbs

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads