• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to stoke the flames here but I agree that where you identify from is more of a factor of how long you've been there and in what stages of your life you resided there. I think being born somewhere is pretty insignificant. Visiting and having numerous family members with history in a state is just symptomatic of having extended family there

Last edited:

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
Correlation coefficient of Republicans and casual racism is higher. I remember the day I stumbled upon that section, let's just say I never went back. Thought I was on the other SF.

Anyways, nice suit.
Oh crap. I hope this isn't where my coworkers hang out.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see the shirt placket as killing an otherwise fine look.

thanks—it's a popover. i stopped ironing most of my shirts a while ago. kinda casual-fied

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Stripes on stripes - think it works or generally avoid? And I let the tie penor out today because this tie is way too long.

I would not wear that tie. WAY too long.

Last edited:

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stripes on stripes - think it works or generally avoid? And I let the tie penor out today because this tie is way too long.

I think this works well enough. The stripes are dissimilar enough that they don't clash, at least to my eye. Where is the shirt from?

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ring
Zegna
EG Cappelli
Rubinacci
EG

Why did you get patch pockets on a pinstripe suit? That's about as incongruent as it gets. I like the colour combination of this outfit though. The grey suit, lighter shirt and burgundy tie look very nice together.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would not wear that tie. WAY too long.

I could D4IH it, that would help a bit... or maybe I'll send it to tiecrafters, or maybe I'll tuck, or maybe I'll throw two middle fingers to the sky. One of those.

I think this works well enough. The stripes are dissimilar enough that they don't clash, at least to my eye. Where is the shirt from?

Thanks, Andy! Shirt is MTM from Spoon.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ring
Zegna
EG Cappelli
Rubinacci
EG

Very nice, but feels quite wintery to me. What cloth is the suit? Almost looks like flannel.

Perfectly fine, I think. The key to combining two items of the same pattern simply is scale. As long as they're decidedly different in scale, the eye doesn't jump confused between the two. Here, the stripe on the shirt and on the tie are about as far from each other as possible, so you're golden.

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tie should be tucked.
I also think these slightly roomier pants would look better on you if worn higher on the waist. The proportions look bottom heavy otherwise.

Also, I am beginning to think that a tray of whiskey bottles has become as much a part of the iGent ensemble as has a pocket square and suspenders. Let's break out of the box guys. There is a reason they think we are squares on SWD

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Ring
Zegna
EG Cappelli
Rubinacci
EG

Why did you get patch pockets on a pinstripe suit? That's about as incongruent as it gets. I like the colour combination of this outfit though. The grey suit, lighter shirt and burgundy tie look very nice together.

Also, to my eye, a madder tie with that pattern is too far on the casual end of the spectrum for a pinstripe suit. (I just mentally edit out the patch pockets from that suit when JK posts it
smile.gif
.) Color combination is nice though.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tie should be tucked.
I also think these slightly roomier pants would look better on you if worn higher on the waist. The proportions look bottom heavy otherwise.

Also, I am beginning to think that a tray of whiskey bottles has become as much a part of the iGent ensemble as has a pocket square and suspenders. Let's break out of the box guys. There is a reason they think we are squares on SWD
Tie tucking is a fad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads