• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$2....just downloaded it. I like it a lot.

Awesome. I just found it last week. I usually hate taking pictures of anything, but the results have been surprisingly pleasant and it has restored my faith. I just fiddled with it now and I found you can enable an onscreen level to tell you how straight you're holding the phone
wow.gif

All in all well-designed and one of those surprising cases of more features actually being better.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Victor, what do you do for work? Bespoke everything and having a professional photographer cataloging your wardrobe makes me think you are rolling in rubles.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need some advice, guys. I'm on the fence about keeping this suit. Mainline Corneliani, got it at a good price from Yoox, but I am a bit unsure about the narrow pinstripe pattern. Any thoughts about the pattern? Or anything else? Is it a keeper? Thanks.

Last edited:

thefoxtooth

Reaction score
The app Camera+ is extremely powerful and can adjust white balance and focus point on the fly through a grid-based system. It also has some rather snazzy filters for different contexts. I think it's about $4, but it is well worth it.

What this forum needs more than anything is SKRWT, a lens-correction app. They had to give the iPhone such a fisheye (I think the 35mm equivalent would be around 13-15mm) in order to make the thing work that it isn't very good for any kind of portraiture. It's a real funhouse mirror, though I understand why folks use it; everything in photography is a tradeoff. I've taken some well-known shortcuts myself.

But the iPhone does throw off all your proportions, which runs somewhat counter to the purpose here. That's why, though I do a lot of other lazy crap, I'm always shooting into a mirror with a DSLR. I need the extra distance from myself to the mirror and back in order to get about a 50mm focal distance (which is undistorted) and still get my whole body in the frame.

You do need a fairly good eye to correct with SKRWT, though, as there's no real formula for how much distortion to remove.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Victor, what do you do for work? Bespoke everything and having a professional photographer cataloging your wardrobe makes me think you are rolling in rubles.

It doesn't matter. And rather impolite to ask.

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score

I have a very small business. In the past I owned a business a little bigger.
But in 2011 due to the sad katostrofy at Fukushima my business (also not very big, but much larger than it is now) collapsed.
I became bankrupt, and left in other areas.
Now a severe crisis in general and as a whole. With difficulty kept afloat. :(

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
I need some advice, guys. I'm on the fence about keeping this suit. Mainline Corneliani, got it at a good price from Yoox, but I am a bit unsure about the narrow pinstripe pattern. Any thoughts about the pattern? Or anything else? Is it a keeper?

Thanks.

Good fit. Only need a little to shorten the sleeves and trouser legs. Possible to remove a couple of inches at the waist.

But the color I do not like - too small and noticeable stripes. This costume is too conspicuous for frequent wear.

If this was a chalk stripe slightly wider and not so common (stripes on the step increase of 2.5 times) - then it would be better. Would have made bank retro-style high-level (but then again - taking into account the color of the suit has a very light shade - that option was obviously not every day)

Or - the strip would be barely noticeable - almost visible - then it would be almost monochromatic version suit with visual melange. Then, too, could buy it.
But this suit - in spite of the good form - is not too good color and stripes.

I would be very cautious to buy it with. You can wear it rarely ...

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Temperature dipped down, so debut of some new flannel and cashmere. I see what all of the fuss was about with Rota trousers. I now want to discard about five pairs of grey trousers that will never make me as happy as these do.

Tie is Panta cashmere from Ed's new "denim cashmere" line. Substantial, really soft, yet ties a pretty good knot. I love it.

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
Temperature dipped down, so debut of some new flannel and cashmere. I see what all of the fuss was about with Rota trousers. I now want to discard about five pairs of grey trousers that will never make me as happy as these do.

Tie is Panta cashmere from Ed's new "denim cashmere" line. Substantial, really soft, yet ties a pretty good knot. I love it.

I think - if a little decrease in waist jacket (and not on the side seam (so are likely to be too pull the front shelves jacket) - and on the back seam (as is likely to be much better)) and just take in the sleeves from the elbow to the bottom (cone ) - that would be great.

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, Victor--a little more shape in the waist would give this jacket more pleasing lines.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads