• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EnglishLapel
Sebastian, nice fit on that suit. I didn't know M&S could look that good!
If you hunt carefully, there can be some surprisingly good finds at Marks and Sparks. It's much maligned. Sure, 80-90% is pretty poor stuff (eg Blue Harbour) but the Collezione range is often good. Man of Kent often posts a suit from the (demised?) Sartorial line that is cracking; canvassed and all.

EnglishLapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kentishman
If you hunt carefully, there can be some surprisingly good finds at Marks and Sparks. It's much maligned. Sure, 80-90% is pretty poor stuff (eg Blue Harbour) but the Collezione range is often good. Man of Kent often posts a suit from the (demised?) Sartorial line that is cracking; canvassed and all.

Yeah, I guess your right. Often M&S is the choice of those who cba to dress well. However obviously it can look good.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EnglishLapel
Sebastian, nice fit on that suit. I didn't know M&S could look that good!

The Luxury line and the Sartorial line are pretty nice. Good fabrics, half canvassed etc.

Still, personally I am not too happy with that suit. I recently switched to a more relaxed, softer cut but still have some English made stuff in my closet. So I sometimes wear it.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
No, no no... my point is that isolated from the VERY bad trouser issues, the coat just needs tweaking. The proper trousers would help the "pear shape" part quite a bit- and I'd rather see that than a torso construction that makes him look blocky.

Well, my point is that you cannot *isolate* jacket fit from the rest of the body since in this case the shape of his jacket forms strong curvatures which no pants will fix. Focusing on anything less than the total outcome, since that is the only thing people will actually see in real life, is an exercise is failure.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH

4587499170_55d79107eb_o.jpg

4587499202_63db308cda_o.jpg

I love this!

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bright sunny day in California, I suppose its a good time for a first Waywrn.
picture009w.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Pretty warm today, so I took advantage of casual Friday and went sockless.
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
The horror... the horror...

Who are you kidding, dog? From what I've seen you don't even own any socks.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by username79
Belt placement looks stupid. Really stupid.

...you appear to be actively dressing to make yourself look worse. The massive difference between the thigh area and small cuff bring to mind cow udders.
Damn
, dude! You really couldn't think of a nicer way to phrase those critiques? In the words of Woody Allen, where did you go to finishing school, a pirate ship?

IST66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
....., Ist- nice cloths...
Thanks!
Originally Posted by gregaz
Предлагаю!
object_40.1223408608.jpg
Linen jacket?

Знаменитое "дно" и знаменитое "жигулевское"
smile.gif
!!!! Yes, linen.
Originally Posted by niidawg3
rocking!! i always love that jacket of yours.
Originally Posted by srivats
IST66, lovely outfit. I like everything. The penny loafers look great.
worship.gif

Thank you, gents!
smile.gif
Originally Posted by JPHardy
I know this is a parking lot, but you look like you are walking the tarmac to your private jet. Excellent all around. Michelangelo in the pocket?
Cheers! "Van Gogh" in the pocket
smile.gif
Originally Posted by jobro
Nice Pennys... Details?
Thanks! John Lobb Cheltenham Loafer
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- great frames
smile.gif

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second WAYWRN. In the botanical garden in Dahlem, a really nice place. This is a good example of how I dress on a day-to-day basis.

Inside it was too humid to wear jacket, cap and scarf:

Outside it was rather cold:

Suede looks great in sunlight:

Self-criticism: the shirt collar is flapping around, bd would have been better. Also, I could have adjusted my cuffs... oh well.

EnglishLapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sebastian
The Luxury line and the Sartorial line are pretty nice. Good fabrics, half canvassed etc.

Still, personally I am not too happy with that suit. I recently switched to a more relaxed, softer cut but still have some English made stuff in my closet. So I sometimes wear it.

Half canvassed really? Nice. What's your other stuff then Itallian RTW?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
Beautiful shoes!
What means Kaschmir / Seide?
laugh.gif

Personally, I'd skip the hanky and for something lighter.

Cashmere and silk, I believe.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Damn, dude! You really couldn't think of a nicer way to phrase those critiques? In the words of Woody Allen, where did you go to finishing school, a pirate ship?

Yes, I could have. I fail to see what the point would be. I chose the words and phrasing which most accurately conveyed my opinion.

EnglishLapel

Reaction score
Yes, I could have. I fail to see what the point would be. I chose the words and phrasing which most accurately conveyed my opinion.

How wonderfuly articulate of you! In a very rude way of course..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members