• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Did you move the buttons on this coat? They look a bit too far from the edge. Also, they are not level with the buttonholes, which you can see based on their placement with the pattern. This would make the coat askew when buttoned.

I agree about looking far from the edge ... although i dont exactly know what the rules are. Most of the buttons on my jackets are 3/5th of an inch from the edge of the jacket to the center of the button. with respect to the vertical alignment of the buttons, i think that is just his stance ... it looks like the two pockets are not aligned either, which makes me believe he is tilted. hard to have everything perfect in a still photo.

just a guess.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlwaysDressed

Why wear half a suit?
confused.gif

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
with respect to the vertical alignment of the buttons, i think that is just his stance ... it looks like the two pockets are not aligned either, which makes me believe he is tilted. hard to have everything perfect in a still photo.
It's not his stance. Here's what I mean: The middle of the button and the buttonhole should be in the same spot on opposite sides of the coat. On the bottom buttonhole, the hole is aligned with that dark line in the pattern, but the middle of the bottom button is about a half inch below that same line in the pattern. The button should be where the blue line is. The other possibility is that the buttons and buttonholes are aligned, but the patterns on either side of the coat are misaligned. A button you can move, but you couldn't fix a misaligned pattern.

AlwaysDressed

Reaction score
It's not his stance. Here's what I mean:

The middle of the button and the buttonhole should be in the same spot on opposite sides of the coat. On the bottom buttonhole, the hole is aligned with that dark line in the pattern, but the middle of the bottom button is about a half inch below that same line in the pattern. The button should be where the blue line is.

The other possibility is that the buttons and buttonholes are aligned, but the patterns on either side of the coat are misaligned. A button you can move, but you couldn't fix a misaligned pattern.

I'll actually solve this debate...I lifted my arms and held the camera out in front of me to take the photo. Hence the reason for the misaligned buttons in the photo.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll actually solve this debate...I lifted my arms and held the camera out in front of me to take the photo. Hence the reason for the misaligned buttons in the photo.
That's obvious. However, as you can see, the button is still not in the right place. Raised arm or not, the button and the buttonhole should be at the same place on the pattern. They are not on your coat. That won't change by lowering your arm back down. If your button and its hole are aligned, then your pattern is not, which is a bigger problem.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not his stance. Here's what I mean:

The middle of the button and the buttonhole should be in the same spot on opposite sides of the coat. On the bottom buttonhole, the hole is aligned with that dark line in the pattern, but the middle of the bottom button is about a half inch below that same line in the pattern. The button should be where the blue line is.

That's obvious. However, as you can see, the button is still not in the right place.

Button is tilted downwards - if the shanks is reasonably long it wouldn't be far off the blue line...

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's obvious. However, as you can see, the button is still not in the right place. Raised arm or not, the button and the buttonhole should be at the same place on the pattern. They are not on your coat. That won't change by lowering your arm back down.

If your button and its hole are aligned, then your pattern is not, which is a bigger problem.

20a52ll.gif

- B

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
Jacket Behr
shirt vanLaak
tie Charvet
ps vanlaak
pants canali
shoes Lobb

Simple and elegant

Originally Posted by edmorel
I wear a white shirt a few times a year and always feel weird
confused.gif

pants are light brown tweed, look grey in the pic.

[Grumble] Deserves better photos, if you're going to use a phone take them outside [/Grumble]

I've never understood the lack of love for white shirts round here. Great looking SC.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The middle of the button and the buttonhole should be in the same spot on opposite sides of the coat. On the bottom buttonhole, the hole is aligned with that dark line in the pattern, but the middle of the bottom button is about a half inch below that same line in the pattern. The button should be where the blue line is. The other possibility is that the buttons and buttonholes are aligned, but the patterns on either side of the coat are misaligned. A button you can move, but you couldn't fix a misaligned pattern.
That's obvious. However, as you can see, the button is still not in the right place. Raised arm or not, the button and the buttonhole should be at the same place on the pattern. They are not on your coat. That won't change by lowering your arm back down. If your button and its hole are aligned, then your pattern is not, which is a bigger problem.
The pattern is not aligned. Just look at the pattern at the top of the pockets.
buttonsil.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads