• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
What kind of suit is that, ND?
Originally Posted by forex
It looks good,I think it is the ring suit from the armoury.

Thx! And you are correct - Ring from the Armoury. I can't praise their customer service enough!

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Everything about that suit is great, but especially: I'd love to have all my sleeves like that.

Thanks, UC. My tailor had to do some slight tweaking, but the coat fit pretty nicely right out of the box. The pants needed some extra work, but fortunately there is sufficient seam allowance in their suits to accomodate.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Looks very good, SoS.
Yep, agreed. It's impressive given that sportcoat is exactly the kind of jacket I'd shy away from as being too difficult to find an outfit for.
Nice suit. RL, I presume? You certainly went all out on the RL look, with the collar pin and all. Nice effect.
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Anyway, since Nii is slacking on teh photo uploads, heres a bunch of shots from our recent SF meat up with me, niidawg3, and artoftime. Great night, gents!
Looks like you all had fun; nice one. "meat up" sounds ominous, however... Milder weather than recently, though very overcast. Thanks for the photo exposure advice upthread, though I couldn't figure out whether my simple point & shoot actually allows the kind of adjustments being talked about. I did try brightening up the images when editing a bit more than usual. Let me know if it looks better or worse than usual.
dec30006.jpg

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin;3955267B
Damn! Going in hard for the Tournament of Champions, eh?
lol8[1].gif

Mike

Hell yes!

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by someotherstyle

For a second I thought this was your home, but on closer look it must be an office building. Badass regardless. Fun look too!

AEB A4

Reaction score
Really like the coat SOS.

And are there glass pieces in between where you are walking..or do you have to step over the gaps. Just wondering.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holdfast,I think that jacket is way too long for you.

It's about 0.75" longer than it should be. It was originally a Regular, I think, and I usually take a Short in that maker. The first full-length pic is more accurate for length than the second, where I'm half-sitting back against the chair, so the jacket drops yet lower still.

Personally, I don't mind it, but you're quite right in terms of standard fit. For me, the interesting colour/fabric and moderately decent fit elsewhere outweigh the length problem. I don't think it's worth spending money on taking my chances with a shortening as it's already quite a few years old and at some stage it'll rotate out of my wardrobe anyway.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by someotherstyle

What a jacket! I love it!

Originally Posted by lee_44106
Raw silk Shantung silk ties
inlove.gif

+1. It is a great tie!
---
UrbanComposition, why so freaking snug?? I dissent!

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Anyway, since Nii is slacking on teh photo uploads, heres a bunch of shots from our recent SF meat up with me, niidawg3, and artoftime. Great night, gents!

uhoh.gif

Looks like y'all had a merry time indeed! Happy new year!

Originally Posted by Holdfast
dec30006.jpg

I loooove this guy's poses! They never fail to get me!
redface.gif

Holdfast,I think that jacket is way too long for you.

Alas, I agree.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO
^Hey Pandarts, love the tie, not so sure of the shoes...hava a great New Year!
-TTO

Cheers TTO! It's an x-mas gift (along with the shoes) from my GF! The tie is by Rooster and I almost went with a solid navy one until I noticed that the only one left had a few snags in it. The other was orange and blue and reminded me too much of an Illini tie. Found this one tucked away and grabbed it. It wasn't until I opened it up that the colours were those of my highschool!
laugh.gif
eh.gif
plain.gif

I agree with you about the shoes. I was going to go with my Magnannies but wanted to see how these chukkas worked with jeans. I do like 'em with jeans but not with this combo...to incongruent with the top half I think.

Have a great New Year as well and best of luck in the Champion's Round!

Have we moved on to Daft Punk now?
laugh.gif
It won't last Too Long...

HAHA! Didn't think of that. I actually went with the track from Kiss Me x 3 but either one will work.
smile.gif

clintonf

Reaction score
Well, I've been on this site long enough, so I've decided to put a couple of pictures up.

I don't really have to wear "decent" clothes, but I've decided to put some of the money I've wasted spent on clothes.

Please be gentle with me.

Clint

From a few weeks ago

Pic1.jpg

Today's getup

Pic4.jpg

pic3.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?