• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
A quick snap:

IMG_1654.jpg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonmarshalljazz
in the interest of sartorial continuity i would encourage you to avoid wearing oxfords with with anything but suits. the dark brown suede monks you have would have finished this ensemble more evenly. nice shoes though.

I disagree with the exclusivity of this statement.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
stuck in NY/NJ till the 1st. effing Delta!!!!

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Let's hang out.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Trying to look a little less stiff in my photos.
lol8[1].gif

Find something to lean on, Mike. I stole my signature pose from aeglus, who used to lean frequently on a handrail.
bigstar[1].gif

Great fit today, by the way. Classic.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Find something to lean on, Mike. I stole my signature pose from aeglus, who used to lean frequently on a handrail.
bigstar[1].gif

You have to do it right, though. Otherwise you might look like a senior citizen (you know, TC Houston). Or a drunk clinging to a lamppost.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
You have to do it right, though. Otherwise you might look like a senior citizen (you know, TC Houston). Or a drunk clinging to a lamppost.

I already got the smackdown from Greg for doing the one foot pointing deal. I want to steal Fred's reclined position pose...but I don't have a chair equally as awesome as his.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

Mr.Sam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast

By the way, I browsed SF from another computer while away, and noticed my photos (and those of a few other people) appeared significantly darker on that computer while other people's photos seemed stayed more or less the same. Which was weird. So I wanted to ask if the photos today appear of normal - and satisfactory - brightness or whether I should jack up the gamma and/or brightness more next time?

And to ask if anyone has any rough and readybrightness/colour calibration tips (or free software) for a laptop screen please?

your photos are usually on the darker side, but that happens when you have a white wall behind you. Instead of jacking up the gamma after the photo has been taken, try to set the camera's exposure compensation to about +1EV

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I already got the smackdown from Greg for doing the one foot pointing deal. I want to steal Fred's reclined position pose...but I don't have a chair equally as awesome as his.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

Hehe. And that lamp!

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PartBlaze-1.JPG

I can definitely tell you're more relaxed here, Mike. Looking better. Fit on the SC is really good, and everything else - shirt & tie, pants, shoes - stellar. Keep this as one of your better fits
fistbump.gif

Originally Posted by ndw
From yesterday. Coat is hunter green and pants are a dark navy/charcoal.

The fabric of the SC looks great. Have you considered how it might look with a little more waist suppression?

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Last working day of the year, so I wore the invisible tie.
See you boys in 11.
515bb240.jpg

Love the pants, Spoo. Enjoy your time off (just remember to stick around here
devil.gif
)

Originally Posted by PandArts
Everything Turns Grey...
Fit_122910_01.jpg

I've said it before, but I really like the way the suit fits on you. Great picture, too.

Originally Posted by yfyf
yfyf-2010-12-29-2-s.jpg

Lovely SC, yfyf.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
And to ask if anyone has any rough and readybrightness/colour calibration tips (or free software) for a laptop screen please?
Originally Posted by Mr.Sam
your photos are usually on the darker side, but that happens when you have a white wall behind you. Instead of jacking up the gamma after the photo has been taken, try to set the camera's exposure compensation to about +1EV

+1. Alternatively you can adjust the brightness/contrast (or exposure, if you have Aperture) in post-editing, but if you're always taking pictures in the same place, I'd do what Mr. Sam suggests.

Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
A quick snap:

IMG_1654.jpg

I really like this as a casual look. Great jeans / SC combo.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
I can definitely tell you're more relaxed here, Mike. Looking better. Fit on the SC is really good, and everything else - shirt & tie, pants, shoes - stellar. Keep this as one of your better fits
fistbump.gif

+1. Alternatively you can adjust the brightness/contrast (or exposure, if you have Aperture) in post-editing, but if you're always taking pictures in the same place, I'd do what Mr. Sam suggests.

Thanks, Pete. I am hoping the SC relaxes a little with use. Not that it is stiff in any way, but I think it may be giving off some illusion of a pull that is not there. This is another SP piece.

In terms of pics, are mine coming over as too dark? I actually dial down my aperature setting and then increase the shadows when editing as my camera washes everything out and does not seem to capture true color or depth. I guess I need to experiment more so I have to edit less.

Mike

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
yfyf-2010-12-29-s.jpg

Is that Ethan from Herringbone? I saw on his blog that he was starting a new project - has he joined your team there?

ndw

Reaction score
The fabric of the SC looks great. Have you considered how it might look with a little more waist suppression?

Thanks, UC. I have thought about taking it in, but it's a winter weight SC (which I only wear a handful of times per yr) and I sometimes throw a sweater on underneath, which I don't think would work were the coat any more suppressed. I am still on the fence though...

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oleg
Enjoying the Harmony in your head? Seems Everybody's Happy Nowadays...

At least we're not suffering from Bordom!!!
laugh.gif

I've said it before, but I really like the way the suit fits on you. Great picture, too.

Cheers Urb!

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Pete. I am hoping the SC relaxes a little with use. Not that it is stiff in any way, but I think it may be giving off some illusion of a pull that is not there. This is another SP piece.

In terms of pics, are mine coming over as too dark? I actually dial down my aperature setting and then increase the shadows when editing as my camera washes everything out and does not seem to capture true color or depth. I guess I need to experiment more so I have to edit less.

Mike

Some cameras have a burst mode (typically of 3 pics), and then have the option of having 3 different exposure levels. So it'd be something like:

Pic 1: the exposure you want, minus a bit
Pic 2: the exposure you want
Pic 3: the exposure you want, plus a bit

That way you can find the exposure that works best, and if you're always taking pics in the same place, you've got it pretty much dialed in (not accounting for ambient light, time of day, clouds, etc).

Originally Posted by ndw
Thanks, UC. I have thought about taking it in, but it's a winter weight SC (which I only wear a handful of times per yr) and I sometimes throw a sweater on underneath, which I don't think would work were the coat any more suppressed. I am still on the fence though...

Typically I don't button my jacket if I'm wearing a sweater underneath, but if you do, I can understand how it might start to pull. At any rate, wear it well; it looks like a great SC.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some cameras have a burst mode (typically of 3 pics), and then have the option of having 3 different exposure levels. So it'd be something like:

Pic 1: the exposure you want, minus a bit
Pic 2: the exposure you want
Pic 3: the exposure you want, plus a bit

That way you can find the exposure that works best, and if you're always taking pics in the same place, you've got it pretty much dialed in (not accounting for ambient light, time of day, clouds, etc).

Mine takes 5 at a time, and you cannot change the exposure levels, except between shots (i.e. manually). So, I usually take the shots at 2-3 exposure levels and I always set the camera for "overcast," as I am always taking the shots in the morning, and the area is in shadow. I think my shots are coming over pretty good, but I wanted to know if others were finding them too dark.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads