• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with shirt shopping in the UK

transitoryanglo

Reaction score
I keep shopping around for shirts and not really settling on anything either because it seems bad value compared to competing products, because the collars aren't to my taste, or because the fit isn't generous enough where I need it. Are there any good up to date resources for buying shirts in the UK?

My best fitting shirt at the moment is a Lands End tailored fit oxford shirt, but it really does not take a tie well. It runs full in the chest and shoulders with high arm holes for fantastic mobility, while nipping in almost perfectly at the waist and hips. I could probably get it darted it for a slightly tighter fit but its alright as it is. Problem is i cant find anything like it elsewhere, every other shirt i take a punt on either runs too narrow or like a box that just about fits at the chest and just looks rather sad and boxy at the waist, as is the case with my RL and BB shirts. I also tend to run larger in the body than in the collar. Really I could do with something fit for a 40" chest and 15" collar.

Anyone got any advice or pointers to resources I could look at for UK shoppers?

TomTom

Reaction score
What kind of shirts are you looking to buy? Oxford shirts, dress shirts, casual shirts?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generous fit in the UK: Cordings. Also quite in expensive

Hilditch and Key : Regular cut. Not as generous as Cordings.
High quaity and price. Sale coming in June. Deep discounts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads