• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help On J Crew Indy Boot

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of J Crew Indy boots in my regular size and later read to size down a half size. These boots fit my left foot great, but are too big on my right, which is slightly smaller due to a childhood accident. Is it easier to buy an insert for the right and keep the same size or to size down and stretch the left boot to make the fit less snug? I assume a half size down will be snug on my left and perfect on my right. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank god there isn't a alden thread around but couldn't you actually try the method you suggested yourself and report back.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thank god there isn't a alden thread around but couldn't you actually try the method you suggested yourself and report back.

I've been on Styleforum for something like 10 years and I remember when one used to actually be able to get advice on here.. Sorry to see things have gone downhill.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and in 10 years you haven't figured out how things work around here? There is both a J Crew thread and an Alden thread....not to mention a small questions thread. All would be appropriate to one degree or another.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a unique situation because I have a deformed right foot, which has made it difficult to fit in shoes properly. Not exactly something you see on your normal Alden thread. And yes, I have read the Alden and J Crew threads. Sorry to have ruined your evening.

Matt44

Reaction score
God forbid you **** up the world order with an errant post. Hope you find some actual advice.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol. if he sized down the foot that stretches the shoe that shoe will never look right. he's better off staying as he is now with the size bigger and getting a insert to help theres different types of inserts to help his foot deformity. also most people's body parts aren't exactly the same size any how feet, ears, arms, legs etc.

your better off with sticking with what you got now and getting a insert for the shoe to help.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm curious how this question is unique to the J Crew Indy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads