• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me plan a dinner for 120 people with $200~300

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
IToo busy to take own pics but ill be stealing them as ppl upload. Ills sleep now and post on egullet later

figures. we do all the work and fat guy gets the pix.
glad it went off well and i like the idea of the gremolata with the tapenade.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
img0118hv.jpg
img0122d.jpg
img0123ys.jpg
img0131d.jpg
img0128ga.jpg
img0137hf.jpg
img0138vw.jpg
18844738729178645410763.jpg
19844470349150513699555.jpg
-_-; I apologize for the plating and general noobishness, but we did our best. Thanks for everything guys edit: I'm the dude with the topknot

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good job!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Looks great.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
good job!

Thanks a lot. Couldn't have done it without you guys.

It looks like it was whipped together without much time or effort, but man, we spent so much time planning out the menu, buying and prepping the ingredients, and we slaved away in that kitchen.

But I'm glad ppl really like it

Again, thanks a lot everybody Really appreciated the help

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
It looks like it was whipped together without much time or effort, but man, we spent so much time planning out the menu, buying and prepping the ingredients, and we slaved away in that kitchen.
i think that's kind of the point most of us were trying to make. glad it worked out and you had a good time.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, great stuff. Good job!

untilted

Reaction score
yea came out nice!

is this some sort of valentine's day + chinese new year joint celebration?

how much did you spending on printing the menu?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
i think that's kind of the point most of us were trying to make. glad it worked out and you had a good time.

yeah. i'm so glad you guys persuaded me to do the chickpea pasta. ravioli would have been more time wasted.

Originally Posted by untilted
yea came out nice!

is this some sort of valentine's day + chinese new year joint celebration?

how much did you spending on printing the menu?

yeah it was a valentine's day + chinese new year thingy. we have one around valentine's day every year and the girls and guys switch it up every year.

the menu i'm not sure as I wasn't in charge.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For someone with no professional catering/cooking/restaurant experience you should be very proud. I am glad everything came out alright. Congrats, dude.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
I've gotta say, I'm impressed with how well that turned out! I've cooked for 100+ quite a few times, and even with a sizable budget and a lot of dedicated talented people the logistics of bringing out an assortment of good food en masse while considering serving temps and plating is tough.

Good job.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice job!

The vegetarians were probably delighted to get a dish with some substance and some protein. My better half, a vegetarian, is damned sick of protein-free vegetarian meals. At one fancy place we tried 9which shall remain nameless), the "highlight" of a tasting menu was actually three bites of cauliflower in a brown butter sauce. Beautiful bites, I assure you, but hardly much for dinner.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been following the thread for a while - meal looked solid.

One thing, as a very picky suggestion, don't put the amuse bouche on the menu. The idea is that it is sort of a chef's choice, a whimsy, and not planned. Obviously that is a polite fiction, but the point is that people see the menu, get ready for it, and then - surprise - there is suddenly this little taste of something imaginative and whimsical.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads