• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you ever paid for a term paper?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oman
fascinating, how'd you advertise?

interesting - i've always suspected this. you teach in asia, right? can we get some your thoughts on some of the "right" ways to go about it?

Basically, people learn from middle-school to try and stretch out their papers and insert more big words in. Most people don't even follow the instructions when they write a paper, they just write some meandering garbage and think that if it's long enough they'll get a high grade.

The art of effective written communication is almost lost- all you have to do is follow the instructions and state your ideas clearly. Follow standard organization, express your ideas succinctly and clearly, and you'll have a beautiful paper unless your ideas were garbage to begin with.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Basically, people learn from middle-school to try and stretch out their papers and insert more big words in. Most people don't even follow the instructions when they write a paper, they just write some meandering garbage and think that if it's long enough they'll get a high grade.

The art of effective written communication is almost lost- all you have to do is follow the instructions and state your ideas clearly. Follow standard organization, express your ideas succinctly and clearly, and you'll have a beautiful paper unless your ideas were garbage to begin with.

Text to speech programs make editing a breeze too.

prokart

Reaction score
No, but I know a guy who did it. He paid around 250 to get a 15 page paper done in three days.
His paper was worth 40%, and he did not receive his paper until 2 days after the deadline..

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oman
fascinating, how'd you advertise?
Actually, with some difficulty to begin with. At the start, there were dozens of other people who tutored. I put up a few posters, and got very few responses. So I sat down one night, and tried to figure out who I wanted target. I ended up putting up setting up a few ads within the football players weight room. Than I spoke to a couple of the assistant coaches, and gave them the run down of my services. Soon football players and other athletes were a primary source of income. I also looked at Business students. I got to them 2 different ways. One, I found out which section of the library they always studied in. But I wasn't allowed to post notices within the library, so I went to the mens bathroom and put ads in the stalls lol. This worked awesome. Secondly, I had co-founded a Consumerism Society. It was basically a group of business and sociology students talking about advertising/marketing/pr practices. I started the group with no intention of directly using it for my tutoring, but it ended up being a great source. Hgalek: That's an amazing post. I'll definitely start looking at this from a different perspective. My main hindrance currently is geographic, I'm simply in the middle of nowhere. But I'm going to approach this whole mess with your post in mind. Especially the cold-call bit, it's something I've always been wary of.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
this thread is ridiculous. you were paid 2k a week to write people papers? come on.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do these people usually expect a "B" or better? Hell, I could rack up some serious cash in a few hours.
teacha.gif

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
uhm, hypothetically it would depend on the assignment and the cost
In some classes it's nearly impossible to get an A if you don't attend class and regurgitate lecture notes. Just the way certain professors grade.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, and it's a stupid thing to do:

1) You don't learn / practice how to write which is a very vital skill.
2) You don't have the personal satisfaction of doing a job well done if you get a good grade.
3) You are paying money for a course but then paying someone else to do the coursework for you, effectively not learning and wasting your time / money going to class.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
No, and it's a stupid thing to do: 1) You don't learn / practice how to write which is a very vital skill. 2) You don't have the personal satisfaction of doing a job well done if you get a good grade. 3) You are paying money for a course but then paying someone else to do the coursework for you, effectively not learning and wasting your time / money going to class.
Agreed. Plus, the Chronicle articles suggests that many of the freelance paper writers "phone in" their assignments. It's all a form of amusement to them. They're getting paid for mediocre papers. Poor bastards that buy those things.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the problem lies with the fact that we haven't developed good ways to teach people how to write. No one's trying to figure out how to effectively teach that skill. It's either you can or can't.

People don't seem to have as much difficulty in learning math or science as we've figured out multiple ways to teach the same concept.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fraiche
I find the problem lies with the fact that we haven't developed good ways to teach people how to write. No one's trying to figure out how to effectively teach that skill. It's either you can or can't.

People don't seem to have as much difficulty in learning math or science as we've figured out multiple ways to teach the same concept.

More reading generally leads to better writing IME.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fraiche

See:

Originally Posted by HgaleK
More reading generally leads to better writing IME.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. I don't believe the service was widely available as it is now. I might've if its the present day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads