• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Had you ever boycott a TV network or Cable network for the cancellation of your favorite show?

doughboysc

Reaction score
To me it's rare. Just like housewives boycotted ABC last year after they got pissed off at Brian Frons for cancelling long-running soaps like All My Children and One Life to Live (despite Soap Operas are a declining genre).

Last year I've boycotted Turner Network Television (or TNT for short) for cancelling my beloved Memphis Beat (along with Hawthorne and Men of a Certain Age) which I watched religiously during it's two season run. That show had class, great characters like Det. Dwight Hendricks (played by Earl Hickey himself Jason Lee, his singing voice provided by Mark Arnell and Mr. Arnell is following me on FB, so honored!) who's a big fan of music and a die-hard Elvis Presley fan with Det. Charlie "Whitehead" White (Sam Hennings) who's a bit a of a square, Det. Reginald Greenback (played by Barbershop's Leonard Earl Howze), Sgt. J.C. Lightfoot who disappeared without explanation "Chuck Cunningham Syndrome" (Abraham Benrubi), Officer Davey Sutton (D.J. Qualls) was a trip you dig!, Dwight's widowed mother Paula Ann Hendricks (Celia Weston who's from my stepfather's hometown of Spartanburg, South Carolina) who lost her husband (also a cop) in the line of duty when Dwight was little, and last but not least Alfre Woodard as Lt. Tanya Rice, she was the supporting star of the show plus a recurring role from Ryan's Hope and Hardcastle and McCormick alum Daniel Hugh Kelly as Tony. That show had great music you can get into the groove, plus guest stars from Juliette Lewis to ex-Mod Squad star Clarence Williams III. Unfortunately mostly filmed in New Orleans, Louisiana (due to tax issues with the state of Tennessee) just like most American shows/movies filmed in Vancouver, Canada for budget reasons.

I thought the show renewed for season 3, I was wrong. I've found out about the cancellation from the internet back in mid-October 2011. I was so pissed off. Later on, they renewed those Cagney & Lacey wannabes Rizzoli and Isles for the third season, I was jealous and pissed as well. Memphis Beat didn't deserved to get cancelled, R&I do, no offense to fans of Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander (aka they look like the grown up versions of Shake it Up's Belle Thorne and Zendaya, LOL!). I felt sorry for Jason, Sam, Leonard Earl, D.J., Celia, Abe, and Alfre along with Mrs. Will Smith (Jada Pinkett Smith), Ray Romano, Scott "Quantum Leap" Bakula, and Andre Braugther for losing their jobs after the cancellations of three well-written beloved dramas on TNT.

Just like the dude who worked at Hoover Vacuum Cleaners pulling Hoover ads off ABC after AMC and OLTL being axed. Hypothetically, I would do the same if I worked for example McDonald's pulling McD's ads off TNT after cancelling three shows (one of them my beloved Memphis Beat) to protest.

We like to hear from you, had you ever boycott a TV network or cable network for your favorite television show you loved or watch religiously being axed by the network/networks?

Last edited:

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TLDR.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dude, you need to get off the couch and go outside

or at the very least stick to good shows.

In other news: "Terrible TV Show is Cancelled"

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
It's a TV show. Are you really going to be on your deathbed thinking "damn, I wish I'd gotten to see what happened to Sgt. Lightfoot"? Really? Get outside, read great books, take up a hobby, meet people, get eaten by a morlock, anything.....

The decline of the Western Male is sad. I'd post more about that, but I saw a really great thread about shoes I need to post in.

doughboysc

Reaction score
otc and FLMountainMan, Memphis Beat was great television I've enjoyed. Even though it's almost a year since I was mourning the cancellation of that show you dig! It wasn't terrible. Rizzoli and Isles is terrible, they deserved to get cancelled. Sorry I hate to say this dudes, I'm glad ABC cancelled GCB anyway!

Last edited:

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No. Cancellations are business decisions, not personal attacks on me. I was extremely disappointed when Terriers was canceled, but I understood the rationale behind it and moved on.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I stopped watching TV in protest after they cancelled Wings

To tell you the truth Wings lost it's edge after Thomas Hayden Church left in 1995 to star in Ned and Stacey on rival FOX.

:rotflmao:

No. Cancellations are business decisions, not personal attacks on me. I was extremely disappointed when Terriers was canceled, but I understood the rationale behind it and moved on.

That sucked. Terriers was a great show. I think I'll write a lengthy rant about it to post on Youtube.

Last edited:

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Never heard of Terriers!

Great show that lasted only one season on FX in, I think, 2009. You can watch it on Amzaon.com. No DVD :(

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Never heard of Terriers!

Great show that lasted only one season on FX in, I think, 2009. You can watch it on Amzaon.com. No DVD :(

I saw this when it was first published, totally worth a revisit:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/12/fx-explains-why-terriers-was-canceled.html

"When I look at ‘Jersey Shore’ and ‘The Kardashians’ and ‘Sons of Anarchy’ and 'The Walking Dead,' you know, we can go on and on and up to and including what is selling in the political space in America, I wouldn’t say that subtlety and nuance describes the most successful pop content in America today,

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember that. I was quite impressed with the FX president for that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads