• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good looking "technical" gear; Other companies like Outlier, Nau, Aether, etc.?

apparition

Reaction score
nanamica? they do goretex stuff. i think they also had a label under north face too.

nanamica-gore-tex-campus-jacket-chambray-2.jpg

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will pay attention to this thread. I want a good warm and waterproof jacket and also looking for some waterproof pants for biking in in the rain. Make get a pair of Outlier pants for biking since I'm pretty much going to be biking to and from class for 4 years. The bike to work pant is probably an instakop if I get a job that I should be biking to.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isaora for fashion forward clothing that's technical
Arc'teryx for technical clothing that's fashion forward

Newo

Reaction score

Curious what people think of the Rapha Bomber Jacket, which is on sale:
http://www.rapha.cc/bomber-jacket-1

Looks okay, only minor complain would be the branding on the sleeve but that's nearly negligible since it's the same colour and so small. I got an Outlier one a couple weeks ago for around the same price and the Rapha one actually looks a little nicer. Only in X-Small and Small though :(

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I'm just a huge advocate for Outlier stuff because they really are huge advocates for their customers. They have an incredible return policy (6-months 100% refund on any product, regardless of case/condition), they make a phenomenal product in my opinion, and they're not ridiculously pricey. They make products that are of a 'buy it once, use it forever' quality. I've also gone to the extent of following them on Twitter (Next level social networking yo), and snagging some sweet deals (>50% off of items). I would always recommend them to anyone looking for a technical fabric, and am always looking for other brands that provide such a good product.

This. A lot of this.

alwaysraw

Reaction score

Isaora for fashion forward clothing that's technical
Arc'teryx for technical clothing that's fashion forward

I agree with Stazy here... But Arc'teryx is their main line with mostly ski stuff. I think you mean Veilance which is their more advanced (and more expensive) collection. I have a Veilance coat and I can attest to it being fully waterproof and windproof and while not heavyweight it still took me through brutal Montreal winter. Though I did accidentally rub up against wet green paint in a parking garage and now it looks like there is elephant ***** on my jacket...

Last edited:

Masmit

Reaction score
http://gobha-clothing.com/reversible-rain-hats.html
Gobha Clothing, in San Francisco, makes a fitted Belgian style casquette with Schoeller soft shell and New Zealand Merino. It's a sort of luxe hipster high performance look. It breathes and repells water for25 minutes worth of squall... I use it bike commuting in the Bay Area and I stay dry.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member