• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

going the home gym route

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need some toys you can take outside and use to scare the **** out of your new neighbors.

-600 lb tractor tire to flip
-Sledge hammer to hit tire with after you get tired of flipping it
-Weighted sled or prowler to push down the street at 6:00 AM
-30 ft. of 2" diameter rope to pull sled across yard with
-16lb iron shot put, for obvious purposes

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 prowler sled

Prowler.jpg

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mk.ultra
and what do you use 140 lb dumbbells for???? thats an utterly ridiculous amount of weight, can you bench 140's?

Kunk is a tank. If I can row 100lbs at 160, I bet he can get 140 at 200 or whatever he's at easy. And Kunk doesn't need to mass at all, upthread he said that he's just refining.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the newcomers, allow me to introduce you to kunk:

photo-505.jpg

mk.ultra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kajak
Kunk is a tank. If I can row 100lbs at 160, I bet he can get 140 at 200 or whatever he's at easy. And Kunk doesn't need to mass at all, upthread he said that he's just refining.

ah thats true, I usually use barbells for rows so i didnt think of that. and yeah he is a beast judging from the above post.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i've never used a weight belt, i hate them. and love hammer strength have to have them
Same about the belt but hammer strenghts are a waste. I would require something for pull ups, dips, benching, squatting and deadlifting at the bare minimum. Cables are ok for shaping and would provide useful for other stuff. Definitely straight and cambered bars, they're two different animals and hit different parts for me. I'm all about freeweights, smith machines do nothing for me and I rarely use them. You can do bent over rows with the barbell, dumbell rows, pulls ups, seated cables of all sorts along with pull downs no real need for that other nonsense.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
prowler is covered i have one that i rent out to my current gym

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
for rowing, benching, shoulder press and shrugs. also, tri extensions

Originally Posted by mk.ultra

and what do you use 140 lb dumbbells for???? thats an utterly ridiculous amount of weight, can you bench 140's?

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get people in your neighborhood excited. Charge gym membership. Problem, officer?

kjamesuvic

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure why people have the obsession of being a monster in human form. There's an insanely large man that goes to the gym I frequent. He leg presses about 1000lbs but has never once stepped on the treadmill or stationary bike. And he's ******* uglier than a marsupialed horse (excuse my french). The benefit of having 30" arms, huge legs, but a larger belly? Not quite sure.

I've also seen a female, the same size as I, doing shoulder presses with 40lb dumbbells. Is our beastly obsession filtering down to the opposite sex? I almost barfed when this 'woman' was grunting and breathing heavily when trying to push the last rep. She then flexed in the mirror and sarcastically smirked at me while I was doing bicep curls with 30lb weights.

As for a home gym; I only work out at home when feeling too lazy to actually make the 30min trip to the 'pumphouse'. I have only an ab roller, but I make good use of the couch, kitchen table, and bed for different exercises. Be sparing. Spending in the neighborhood of $20000 on equipment seems ridiculous IMO; especially cardio machines. Get your cardio from running (outside) or on an actual bike; this is much more cost effective and funner.

In your situation, kunk, if you have the dough to shell out for something you feel you will get much use out of, I say go for it. As long as you charge people for using it when you are not. 140lbs dumbbells? No one needs or should want to be big enough in order to use that much weight.

List of needs (assuming you are not a professional lifter):

incline bench
some type of rack for dead weight lifts and squats
yoga, or some other soft type of mats
couple medicine balls
ab roller
dip/chin/captain's chair
just about everything else can be done with a decent dumbbell set

I have a question, though. Why do you have your profile picture as some weasely ***** when you could eat him for breakfast?

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kjamesuvic
I'm not quite sure why people have the obsession of being a monster in human form. There's an insanely large man that goes to the gym I frequent. He leg presses about 1000lbs but has never once stepped on the treadmill or stationary bike. And he's ******* uglier than a marsupialed horse (excuse my french). The benefit of having 30" arms, huge legs, but a larger belly? Not quite sure.

I've also seen a female, the same size as I, doing shoulder presses with 40lb dumbbells. Is our beastly obsession filtering down to the opposite sex? I almost barfed when this 'woman' was grunting and breathing heavily when trying to push the last rep. She then flexed in the mirror and sarcastically smirked at me while I was doing bicep curls with 30lb weights.

As for a home gym; I only work out at home when feeling too lazy to actually make the 30min trip to the 'pumphouse'. I have only an ab roller, but I make good use of the couch, kitchen table, and bed for different exercises. Be sparing. Spending in the neighborhood of $20000 on equipment seems ridiculous IMO; especially cardio machines. Get your cardio from running (outside) or on an actual bike; this is much more cost effective and funner.

In your situation, kunk, if you have the dough to shell out for something you feel you will get much use out of, I say go for it. As long as you charge people for using it when you are not. 140lbs dumbbells? No one needs or should want to be big enough in order to use that much weight.

List of needs (assuming you are not a professional lifter):

incline bench
some type of rack for dead weight lifts and squats
yoga, or some other soft type of mats
couple medicine balls
ab roller
dip/chin/captain's chair
just about everything else can be done with a decent dumbbell set

I have a question, though. Why do you have your profile picture as some weasely ***** when you could eat him for breakfast?

That is Kunk from high school, if I remember correctly, so he'd be technically eating himself then! Correct me, if I am wrong, Will...

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
That is Kunk from high school, if I remember correctly, so he'd be technically eating himself then! Correct me, if I am wrong, Will...

Oh, I thought that was the lead singer from Flock of Seagulls.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads