• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Giants-Panthers

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
epic game. was screaming obsceneties at the screen the whole time. my wife said she heard me say i hoped john fox gets prison raped.

and as far as the cowboys, you can always trust romo in a big spot.
mwink[1].gif

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Or....if the O-Line stops letting defenders run unblocked into Romo's face, maybe then he wouldn't throw so many bad balls.

Sure the o-line has to do its job and give him time to throw, but you've got to admit he has made some horrendous decisions and inexcusable mistakes in big games the last three seasons.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Sure the o-line has to do its job and give him time to throw, but you've got to admit he has made some horrendous decisions and inexcusable mistakes in big games the last three seasons.

Romo does make some poor decisions; he plays fast and loose with not enough concern about turnovers and dangerous plays. However, I'd like to respectfully contest the idea that he is a big game choker. Please make a list of big games he has choked in.

a) Seattle botched FG - Not a good example. He was the holder - it was not a QB mistake. Besides, he drove his team down the field for a gimme chip shot game-winner. He did his job as a QB.

b) Last year vs. Giants. Anyone who watched the game knows that the biggest thing keeping the Cowboys from winning was Crayton's blatant drop on the slant route that would have been a sure TD (and a win, most likely).

c) Against the Ravens, Romo did not play his best. I partially blame the O-Line, and partially blame him. However he did lead the team to 17 4th quarter points. The game was lost by the defense (2 75+ yard runs for TDs in the last few minutes). Again, I do not consider a choke job.

Look, the guy plays recklessly (a la Favre), but the conception of him being a choker is overplayed by the media. Peyton Manning did not win a playoff game for his first 6-7 years in the league.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate Tony Romo. Tony Romo has one of the best groups of recievers in the league, two phenomenal TE, and 3 running backs who have been awesome. Tony Romo sucks, if a QB can't get it done with that much talent get rid of him.
musicboohoo[1].gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's the nick lachey effect. *****'s ***** is poison.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Romo does make some poor decisions; he plays fast and loose with not enough concern about turnovers and dangerous plays. However, I'd like to respectfully contest the idea that he is a big game choker. Please make a list of big games he has choked in.

a) Seattle botched FG - Not a good example. He was the holder - it was not a QB mistake. Besides, he drove his team down the field for a gimme chip shot game-winner. He did his job as a QB.

b) Last year vs. Giants. Anyone who watched the game knows that the biggest thing keeping the Cowboys from winning was Crayton's blatant drop on the slant route that would have been a sure TD (and a win, most likely).

c) Against the Ravens, Romo did not play his best. I partially blame the O-Line, and partially blame him. However he did lead the team to 17 4th quarter points. The game was lost by the defense (2 75+ yard runs for TDs in the last few minutes). Again, I do not consider a choke job.

Look, the guy plays recklessly (a la Favre), but the conception of him being a choker is overplayed by the media. Peyton Manning did not win a playoff game for his first 6-7 years in the league.

Funny - I was specifically thinking of the three examples you gave.

I think he is a choker in the sense that he shines early on in the season and fades later in the season and playoffs (I'm sure his QB rating will attest to that).

It's all good, I'll be rooting for the fu*cker and the rest of the boys this Sunday.

KhouriC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Ward=PHENOM. Legend in the making. Eli wasn't as on as I hoped he was, would've gotten picked off about 3 times if the Panthers didn't suck so much dick.

Super Bowl bound

ward has put up some great numbers this season but to say phenom is a bit overkill, bradshaw in my opinion is better but for some reason coughlin and gilbride see him as the third option. jacobs is still the leader of trio and the most valuable of the three in terms of his physical ability and leadership.

Originally Posted by Bhowie
Can I cry about the Cowboys in this thread?

still trying to figure out what happened to this team, i don't like them but dam they have a lot of talent. DWare alone is a force on that def.

Fat chance the Giants even get there. They are last year's Cowboys.

the giants are actually positioned quite nicely to make a legit run at the superbowl. this win against a top three nfl team creates the almost pre-requisite momentum to go deep in the playoffs. they also have plenty of time to recuperate and get to play on familiar territory (even though i don't think home field is much of an advantage, RE: last years superbowl).

go gmen

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
I hate Tony Romo. Tony Romo has one of the best groups of recievers in the league, two phenomenal TE, and 3 running backs who have been awesome. Tony Romo sucks, if a QB can't get it done with that much talent get rid of him.
musicboohoo[1].gif

I don't want to be argumentative, but this is flat out wrong. In fact it is the typical uninformed opinion on the state of the Cowboys. As many NFL analysts have been saying all season, the problem is not Romo but the Offensive Coordinator Jason Garrett. You make a good point - look at all the weapons the Dallas offense has! They should be putting up 30+ a game without a hitch. The offense Garrett runs, however, is very predictable. He sends his best receivers (Owens and Roy Williams) downfield for low-percentage long-bomb plays. This is silly. With large, physical receivers like these two, you play more of a West-coast offense that eats up chunks of 7-10 yards on short routes. These guys can get the ball in traffic. Also, Romo excels mostly at zipping the ball for mid-range completions. Unfortunately, Garrett does not understand this and continues to run predictable plays that take 5-6 seconds to develop. Furthermore, he has severely mis-used his running backs, sticking to Barber for much of the season despite him demonstrating he cannot handle the starting job and is better as a 3rd down / 4th quarter bruiser/finisher. His underusage of Felix Jones in the first five games was criminal - and his lack of using Choice until he had to due to injury was asinine.

You are right, this offense has been less than the sum of its parts. But if you watch the game and see the plays called, you know it's not on Romo's shoulders.

seamless74

Reaction score
First of all the problem that has most effected Dallas lately is injuries.. Everybody forgets romo's hurting as is Marion Barber, and the early season loss of Felix was huge.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seamless74
First of all the problem that has most effected Dallas lately is injuries.. Everybody forgets romo's hurting as is Marion Barber, and the early season loss of Felix was huge.

I think the Cowboys' secondary is their biggest weakness and the main reason they probably won't go far in the playoffs (if they make it). Newman is the most overrated cb in the NFL and Henry the slowest.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by billionaireboy
nice GIF on a separate note, who do we want to play *read beat* in the NFC Championship game?
Thanks, I have little love for the Cowboys. We owe the panthers bigtime after that 23-0 playoff fiasco. It'd be hilarious watching them play the Giants in 20 below weather. In the meantime, I can't decide whether to root for the Eagles or the Cowboys next Sunday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads