• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting engaged tonight - am I missing anything?

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. What happened to your Long Beach plans?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrobjr
On the way home from the restaurant, she told me (with some prodding on my part) that I was the 5th person to ask her [...]

crazy.gif

She certainaly isn't telling you everything. One, why would you have to prod to ask her if she was ever proposed to? Seriously five times?

lurker[1].gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
crazy.gif

She certainaly isn't telling you everything. One, why would you have to prod to ask her if she was ever proposed to? Seriously five times?

lurker[1].gif

Maybe that old boyfriend "Rob" was insanely persistent.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
threak went from heartwarming and happy to
uhoh.gif
in about 5 seconds flat.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
crazy.gif

lurker[1].gif

Originally Posted by Douglas
threak went from heartwarming and happy to
uhoh.gif
in about 5 seconds flat.

I'm thinking they were broken engagements rather than rejected proposals. If you know someone well enough to propose, you generally know the answer you're going to get. Not that there's anything wrong with that -- plenty of people have ex-fiance(e)s these days.

jrobjr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Congratulations. What happened to your Long Beach plans?

Thanks alot, Long Beach had too many variables. The board came up with a lot of great suggestions, and I had a contact with a helicopter tour company that opened up some possibilities,but my girl is going to be there for a conference with mandatory attendance. It just seemed like the time window was too short and too many things could go wrong.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats man...

pblasco

Reaction score
Congrats! I got engaged last July and man, that was a lot of stress. Not you get all the fun of planning a wedding
ffffuuuu.gif

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrobjr
Great success!!!

Everything went off mostly according to plan. She was, however, able to open the box - so I put my hands on it and went to a knee as smoothly as I could manage. My voice became a bit softer than I would have hoped when I asked for her hand, but she said "yes"people clapped, and all was well with the world.

On the way home from the restaurant, she told me (with some prodding on my part) that I was the 5th person to ask her - but the first and only proposal she had or ever would accept.

I R Happy Guy!
bigstar[1].gif

Thanks for all your help, suggestions and support!
worship.gif

5th person?? So that means she gets around...round and round...round and round!!

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
You should have told her it was you who proposed to her 4 times before under comically different false identities, and now you finally tricked her into saying yes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads