• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck on the new venture!

We need moar Simpson lasted offerings!!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Totally agree. Simpson!! It doesn't get nearly the spotlight it should.
Simpson split toe derby's been on my mind for my next MTO haha...wait was it you who planted this idea in my head with snuff suede??
biggrin.gif

Welcome and good luck on the new venture!

We need moar Simpson lasted offerings!!
Thank you Viral!

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simpson split toe derby's been on my mind for my next MTO haha...wait was it you who planted this idea in my head with snuff suede??
biggrin.gif
Definitely not me. On my list of things I seldom consider are both split toe and derby. But I did recently see a Carmina split toe single monk in the shoe p0rn thread that made me drool a little.

My idea was the snuff suede (or brown suede to switch it up) single monk. Armoury offers it on the Armoury last for an absurd amount plus shipping and Skoak doesn't carry many sizes and won't be re-stocking unfortuantely. It's so lovely and I want it! Both of them had the snuff suede. If you were to mix it up and go with brown, that'd be legit.

(Credit to Armoury for the photo, sorry to post from affiliate to affiliate)
This in Simpson, brown suede.
drool.gif

Also, those shirts look amazing. Unfortunately, paying $500 for shoes is already laughing in the face of what my budget used to be. Those shirts are something I can only andmire and wish for.

Last edited:

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score

Navy Shell MTO that came in a few weeks back, courtesy of GentlemensFootwear.com. Navy shell captoe, dark brown edge trim, flat welt, single leather sole, brown lining.

As I've mentioned before, the entire transaction went flawlessly and Young was a pleasure to work with. Thanks again!

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That armory suede shoe looks fantastic. I would rock that
Give me the rest of this month to recover financially (I'm also part of the NPC for July) and lets force Steve to make another MTO. :-D Would you rock it in a darker suede? Same suede as the string loafer for this MTO?

ETA: Here is Skoak's Rain version. They're really close but I like the Armourys a little more. Not sure what you'd call it but the piece of leather that actually has the strap, how it extends forward a little bit. Sells it even more for me.

http://skoaktiebolaget.se/news/80156-rain-ante-snuff1

Last edited:

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wish list!

Black Lizard but in a single monk similar to the pic below it

Carmina Country Calf Derby

Last edited:

WiredandTired

Reaction score
+1 for the two eye derby ptb.

It caught my eye on skoak's website when I was going through their carmina makeups. It's simple and elegant.

rc121

Reaction score
that derby is awesome! anyone know what the upcharge is for the lizard? that black lizard monk would be pretty sweet as well

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I see a new MTO forming here! 2 eyelet derby?? looks sweet! If we can get 6, in the next week or two, im pretty sure we can squeeze it in for the fall delivery!

that derby is awesome! anyone know what the upcharge is for the lizard? that black lizard monk would be pretty sweet as well

I haven't finalized pricing on Lizard yet but expect appx in the middle between calf ($525) & shell ($795)
smile.gif

dlm4114

Reaction score
Is there a firm deadline for the navy shell loafers? Also, wanted to get your guys' opinion on something: to what extent do you guys think it would be possible to lighten the navy shell over time with some diligent polishing/waxing? I'm not talking anything drastic, or anything that would happen overnight, but for a pair of loafers I'd love to "control" the aging a bit (if I can) and direct it to the lighter end. I think I recall seeing some contrast photos from some guys who did that (one went dark, one light) to a pair of EGs posted on the Leather Soul site and the difference was pretty dramatic (and awesome, they both looked great).

ETA: how many so far?

Last edited:

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there a firm deadline for the navy shell loafers? Also, wanted to get your guys' opinion on something: to what extent do you guys think it would be possible to lighten the navy shell over time with some diligent polishing/waxing? I'm not talking anything drastic, or anything that would happen overnight, but for a pair of loafers I'd love to "control" the aging a bit (if I can) and direct it to the lighter end. I think I recall seeing some contrast photos from some guys who did that (one went dark, one light) to a pair of EGs posted on the Leather Soul site and the difference was pretty dramatic (and awesome, they both looked great).

ETA: how many so far?

If the navy shell is from horween, it will lighten over time simply by wearing. At least the pair that I own have.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If the navy shell is from horween, it will lighten over time simply by wearing. At least the pair that I own have.
That was my understanding too!

Currently we have 2 confirmed and 3 awaiting confirmation! (one more to seal the deal!) They will be shipped free along with your choice of either abbeyhorn shoe horn or saphir renovateur cream as a gift! We need to order by next week at the latest btw.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads