• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General Bike Thread (Desiderata, Questions, Pics)

doink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jamorris011
Does anyone know an effective way of getting dents out of a steel frame without damaging it?

Fill with bondo, sand, paint

If you have a large freezer I have heard of people filling the tube with water and freezing it to expand the tube, but be careful, I have also seen pictures on line of tubes that have split. I have no direct experience with this other than what I've seen on line.

steviecakes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^nice, rented one on vacation.

anyomne know if i should get my 10 year old son a 20" or 24" bmx?

20" for sure. most 24" cruisers will not take the beating a 20" will.

other tips when shopping for a kid's bmx bike:
-a rear brake will suffice, no need for a front one
-a detangler (ie gyro) is unnecessary for a first bmx bike, it messes up brake feel and he's not going to be doing barspins any time soon
-pegs are also unnecessary at this point, hes not going to bunnyhop high enough to grind handrails
-the main difference between a lot of cheaper and high end bikes is weight. if you're starting out, this should not be your first priority
-bar ends are a MUST. they are the difference between falling on your bike and getting a bruise, and falling on your bike and gushing blood everywhere.

and if your son thinks he's ready to go brakeless, he's not. trust me.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Swedish Chef
Current steed, Gary Fisher Malin frame with various odds and ends, (inc some rather nice stuff). Great ride but stuck with V brakes so upgrading has stopped and a new Stumpjumper fund has been started.
HMTA2611-12x17.jpg

cool. the '10 stumpies look awesome.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i'm a few days away from picking up a mojo sl frame like this:
DSCN5101.jpg
i'm gonna have it built with my mix of old and new parts. can't wait.

Shiny

Reaction score
How can I tell if my disc brakes are wearing down? Every once in a while I hear a humming sound when I brake and it's from the rear brake. I'd hate to take apart the whole thing down there since I'm not so mechanically inclined. Is there something I should look for with a flashlight?

BTW, these are mechanical disc brakes that came on this used schwinn bike I picked up on CL.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at these 7 speed Jamis cruisers. Worth the $425 MSRP? Just looking to ride around the hood. Rather not hunch over like on sports bikes.
09_bc7_kh.jpg
or the Bianchi
10_milano_parco_m_cel_Y9B87U47CK_01.jpg

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Just talking looks, the Bianchi is way nicer looking. But I hate both those saddles. Am I the only one that finds a thinner saddle more comfortabel than these fat "comfort" saddles.

If you're just looking for something to toodle around on, I'd go to Craigslist and find something. You'll get something half that price (or far less) and you can take it to a bike shop for a tune up if needed.

b

JoshuaC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
^^ Just talking looks, the Bianchi is way nicer looking. But I hate both those saddles. Am I the only one that finds a thinner saddle more comfortabel than these fat "comfort" saddles.

b

Thinner saddle is more comfortable for me.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on full-fingered gloves for riding in the cold? Padded too.

I'm going to head out Sat morning and see if I can find some.

b

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Any recommendations on full-fingered gloves for riding in the cold? Padded too.

I'm going to head out Sat morning and see if I can find some.

b

This is relevant to my interests.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Looking at these 7 speed Jamis cruisers. Worth the $425 MSRP? Just looking to ride around the hood. Rather not hunch over like on sports bikes.

09_bc7_kh.jpg

or the Bianchi

10_milano_parco_m_cel_Y9B87U47CK_01.jpg

It's difficult to imagine a more Fred-like bike than that Jamis.
It makes my eyes hurt.

My wife and I have a couple Milanos for cruising to the coffee shop.
I notice they've changed a few things since we got ours.
No red leather hand grips, no red seat but they made fenders standard.

The seats that came with it will make your ass burst into flames after a couple hours but these aren't really the kind of bikes for that much riding.

One thing to note about the Milano is that they don't have quick release rear hubs.
It's a PITA to fix a rear flat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads