• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think BG is going to have a sale anytime soon...

They just started carrying them and I talked to them and they said they were already planning on expanding the number of models that they carry...

So I take it they are selling well

Looks like G&G's expansion plans might pay off..

I hope it doesn't turn out that G&G ends up in every department store in the country...that would truly be sad

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to have a shoe made in Peccary...

Because of its textured look I think it would look nice a boot or a derby...

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe they'll go to sale in a few years...as they just started carrying them only a week ago and had their unveiling with Dean this past Thursday in NYC. They only carry 5 models and only in NYC too...so I can't imagine the inventory is too expansive.

I can't wait that long, and besides they are only carrying the most basic models. Better things will have come and gone by then.

MTO's through Bestetti only for me from now on.

If G&G expands their RTW I may be a buyer once again. Their MTO pricing is not in-line with the competition IMO - a less tactful way to say this would be that they are now a rip off.

I haven't received my confirmation yet of the cost for my MTO deco's but I am pretty sure it will be somewhere in the range of $2200 to $2400.

I can get a Bestetti for $2000...I can get an StC for $1700...

G&G's are cool...but not that cool...

Last edited:

WiredandTired

Reaction score
I'm just curious. I remember the feeding frenzy when Barneys and GG parted ways.

Not sure what the circumstances were behind the liquidation but I guess what will make BG and NM different?

Last edited:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bergdorf carries much higher levels of apparel and footwear than Barney's. They carry Tom Ford, Brioni, Kiton, and recently added Berluti.

It is my understanding that the Berluti shoes are selling like crazy at BG 5th Avenue and they recently added several more models to the inventory.

I think BG just has a clientele that will purchase these higher end more expensive labels...so it carries over that the clientele should purchase G&G

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what he said.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How'd Wilkes Bashford do with GG? That might be a leading indicator of how successful BG would be

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Has anyone resoled their shoes with B.Nelson or another cobbler outside of G&G? Hesistant to spent the $500+ on a refurb.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads