• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
guy from shanghai, those are beautiful.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, what is Barney's online GG sizing consensus again? I want to say that it was the US size that was correct, making the UK size 1/2 size smaller.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So, what is Barney's online GG sizing consensus again? I want to say that it was the US size that was correct, making the UK size 1/2 size smaller.

yes. if the barneys size says US 9, it will be marked on the tongue and box, 8.5 by GG, even though the barneys site will say UK 8. they just as policy call every UK size a full size down, regardless of what the maker marks the shoe size.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yes. if the barneys size says US 9, it will be marked on the tongue and box, 8.5 by GG, even though the barneys site will say UK 8. they just as policy call every UK size a full size down, regardless of what the maker marks the shoe size.

That's confusing for the buyer.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

x-post
IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2376.jpg

Lovely, wear in good health .

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's confusing for the buyer.

no spit. i know it from experience. i was livid. even more so after an SA told me he was holding a pair in the right size for me to swap out, and then he sold them out from under me. i kept the shoes and wear inserts (thanks, nick!), so they fit fine.

as an aside, i will say that without a doubt, the GGs i have from nick at BE are all finished nicer than the barneys pair i got. its no contest.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What sort of inserts does nick offer?

he hooked me up with full sock GG inserts to make the fit more snug. not sure you can order those on the reg, but he did it as a favor to a customer (even though i was buying elsewhere at that moment). my allegiances are firmly with BE.

ElementHU

Reaction score

no spit. i know it from experience. i was livid. even more so after an SA told me he was holding a pair in the right size for me to swap out, and then he sold them out from under me. i kept the shoes and wear inserts (thanks, nick!), so they fit fine.

as an aside, i will say that without a doubt, the GGs i have from nick at BE are all finished nicer than the barneys pair i got. its no contest.

Couldn't agree more on the finishing by Nick vs. the pairs I picked up at Barneys. Unless it's a "can't pass up deal" like the Barneys clearance was, I can't see myself buying G&G from anyone but Nick in the future.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nick's GG's are better than other GG's? Tell me moar

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nick's GG's are better than other GG's? Tell me moar

they are just finished nicer and with more attention to detail. the burnishing/polish is nicer and more even, the lines are cleaned, they just look better.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found it to be the case with both my MTO pairs as well as my RTW pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads