• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! My first post here, although I'm not technically a newbie: I've been lurking in the shadows since August 2012, educating myself sartorially. After a bit of a midlife crisis that began in mid-2011 I decided through late 2012 that it was time to update my somewhat forgettable two-shoe collection (one black, one brown, always from DSW... and sometimes it even included (gasp!) a pair of Aldo's (double gasp!). Well, this thread certainly helped educate me about Gaziano & Girling and the awesome shoes and accessories they make. Did business with Nick at Bespoke-UK, picked up a few pairs from Leffot, and met Dean Girling for a pair of MTOs that should hopefully be completed in February. I'll post pics of those when they arrive.

In the meantime, here's the first pic I'll share with you folks in this thread: G&G Rothschild in vintage chestnut. Accompanying timepiece by Patek Philippe.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts, perspectives and pictures. I am most appreciative. :)

Harrydog

Reaction score

Hi, everyone! My first post here, although I'm not technically a newbie: I've been lurking in the shadows since August 2012, educating myself sartorially. After a bit of a midlife crisis that began in mid-2011 I decided through late 2012 that it was time to update my somewhat forgettable two-shoe collection (one black, one brown, always from DSW... and sometimes it even included (gasp!) a pair of Aldo's (double gasp!). Well, this thread certainly helped educate me about Gaziano & Girling and the awesome shoes and accessories they make. Did business with Nick at Bespoke-UK, picked up a few pairs from Leffot, and met Dean Girling for a pair of MTOs that should hopefully be completed in February. I'll post pics of those when they arrive. In the meantime, here's the first pic I'll share with you folks in this thread: G&G Rothschild in vintage chestnut. Accompanying timepiece by Patek Philippe. Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts, perspectives and pictures. I am most appreciative. :)
Greetings and welcome to the world of shoe obsession.

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! My first post here, although I'm not technically a newbie: I've been lurking in the shadows since August 2012, educating myself sartorially. After a bit of a midlife crisis that began in mid-2011 I decided through late 2012 that it was time to update my somewhat forgettable two-shoe collection (one black, one brown, always from DSW... and sometimes it even included (gasp!) a pair of Aldo's (double gasp!). Well, this thread certainly helped educate me about Gaziano & Girling and the awesome shoes and accessories they make. Did business with Nick at Bespoke-UK, picked up a few pairs from Leffot, and met Dean Girling for a pair of MTOs that should hopefully be completed in February. I'll post pics of those when they arrive.

In the meantime, here's the first pic I'll share with you folks in this thread: G&G Rothschild in vintage chestnut. Accompanying timepiece by Patek Philippe.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts, perspectives and pictures. I am most appreciative. :)

I'm having a hard time trying to picture that PP next to some Aldos...
fistbump.gif

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see that. The St James II just depicted is on the soft-square MH71 last. I think the TG73 square toe looks like it always has.

I rather like the MH71 and that might be my next G&G purchase. My G&G are on the TG73 and DG70.

My Savoys are on the MH71 and I quite like the shape.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice footwear, no frills. welcome welcome.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi, everyone! My first post here, although I'm not technically a newbie: I've been lurking in the shadows since August 2012, educating myself sartorially. After a bit of a midlife crisis that began in mid-2011 I decided through late 2012 that it was time to update my somewhat forgettable two-shoe collection (one black, one brown, always from DSW... and sometimes it even included (gasp!) a pair of Aldo's (double gasp!). Well, this thread certainly helped educate me about Gaziano & Girling and the awesome shoes and accessories they make. Did business with Nick at Bespoke-UK, picked up a few pairs from Leffot, and met Dean Girling for a pair of MTOs that should hopefully be completed in February. I'll post pics of those when they arrive. In the meantime, here's the first pic I'll share with you folks in this thread: G&G Rothschild in vintage chestnut. Accompanying timepiece by Patek Philippe. Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts, perspectives and pictures. I am most appreciative. :)
Wow, beautiful watch and shoes. Thanks for sharing.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After buying your GG's do any of you still wear AE's?

Oh boy! What a good question. I have the McAlister in Walnut and the Rutledge in deep brown but both have become my beaters since I got my G&Gs, EGs and Corthays.........

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi, everyone! My first post here, although I'm not technically a newbie: I've been lurking in the shadows since August 2012, educating myself sartorially. After a bit of a midlife crisis that began in mid-2011 I decided through late 2012 that it was time to update my somewhat forgettable two-shoe collection (one black, one brown, always from DSW... and sometimes it even included (gasp!) a pair of Aldo's (double gasp!). Well, this thread certainly helped educate me about Gaziano & Girling and the awesome shoes and accessories they make. Did business with Nick at Bespoke-UK, picked up a few pairs from Leffot, and met Dean Girling for a pair of MTOs that should hopefully be completed in February. I'll post pics of those when they arrive. In the meantime, here's the first pic I'll share with you folks in this thread: G&G Rothschild in vintage chestnut. Accompanying timepiece by Patek Philippe.
Welcome brethren. Thou shalt now be required to poast pictures of all of your G&G collection 'on the hoof'. Initiation rituals are not too brutal around here...................:embar:

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Welcome brethren. Thou shalt now be required to poast pictures of all of your G&G collection 'on the hoof'.

Initiation rituals are not too brutal around here...................:embar:

this is correct! :D

No Frills, welcome to the club. Looking forward to more pics

of your watches.

go to the watch thread. NAOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:)

claes500

Reaction score

Just bought this pair of St James II Vintage Cherry. The most gorgeous shoes I've ever seen. Too bad the weather outside doesn't really make me want to wear them any time soon.

Sorry for the photo quality, I was lazy.

Looking good! Nice to see more people entering the G&G market, especially through Sko-akt!

You should do that. The problem is no other shoe will ever be great again, you will only go bespoke :D
I will actually go bespoke next year on a pair of G&G (saving from now lolz)

:) yes that is probably the largest cost of going bespoke, the other really great shoes becomes slightly less great

vubui

Reaction score
Beautiful photos, vubui

Thanks!

wow, excellent choice :) congratulations. where did you buy them? skoaktiebolaget? mto?

Yeah I picked them up at Skoaktiebolaget. Adam is a great guy. I originally bought a pair of Carmina's but was worried the heel slip wouldn't go away, so I exchanged them. It also made it seem like I spent only $600 on them because I was only paying the difference. Yay for justifications!

St James II in Vintage Cherry are fantastic. Enjoy them

Thanks! As soon as weather permits I'll have them out and about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads