• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You realize we are talking about the last of a shoe, not what you look for at the beach, right?

someone is feisty tonight. come to papa. he will make it all better.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

they look great!
i disagree :)
also, foot size and body build play a factor in what looks best on the individual.

GG06 for you. no kidding.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh my god that picture is so scary, I got like a rush vibe
lol8[1].gif

claes500

Reaction score

Seriously? They look brand new! Care to share your shining process and what you use to condition them?

Must be Saphir, the only way!

How many year you have them?

I bought them in december 2010 and since it was my only G&G shoe up until I received my Canterburys one year later I wore them almost as many times as possible for the first year but now with the deliveries of several G&Gs there is some competition :)

I use the Saphir Rouge Hermes coloured Medaille D'or and black wax and condition with renovateur but they are surprisingly easy to maintain since I have not applied neither wax nor cream more than perhaps two three times in 1.5 years. The shine stays a long time and I was even caught in a lot of rain just last week and just wiped them and brushed them and look like the pics after that. They have a few scars here and there that are a bit more noticeable than in the pics though

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look awesome, congrats! I asked mostly because I noticed the lack of creasing on the uppers and the general luster, they look well conditioned. Thanks for the answer.

Elfsberg

Reaction score

My oldest G&Gs with many kilometers on their meter, I will probably have to resole them this autumn since I wear out the toes much faster and now I've worn out almost half of the sole at the toes
Are these St James Vintage Cherry? Do you use black vax on the entire shoe after the Hermes red cream? Mr Gaziano recommended me to use Kiwi Dark Tan http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=259524381 on the Vintage Cherry leather.

LeJouvre

Reaction score
ur probs right, but i cant get myself to do it. 71 for me for now.

+1 on the 71

Actually, each last to each occasion.

GG06 great for full brogues and country boots, 71 for work and semi formal, 73 for semi-formal, cocktail and formal business.

Each has a place, but the most fun to wear have to be the GG06 in any of the full brogues and the most versatile has to be the 71.

The whole cuts, Sinatra and Cooper just have that extra class in the 73 and the Deco last.

Last edited:

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 on the 71

GG06 great for full brogues and country boots, 71 for work and semi formal, 73 for semi-formal, cocktail and formal business.

Each has a place, but the most fun to wear have to be the GG06 in any of the full brogues and the most versatile has to be the 71.

The whole cuts, Sinatra and Cooper just have that extra class in the 73 and the Deco last.

Totally disagree, one of the most boring lasts I have ever seen (and I had a full and semi brogue 06), I'd take any round last from, C&J, AE and Alden before that for a full brogue, not to mention EG & Vass or italians like ferragamo tramezza etc.

claes500

Reaction score

Are these St James Vintage Cherry? Do you use black vax on the entire shoe after the Hermes red cream? Mr Gaziano recommended me to use Kiwi Dark Tan http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=259524381 on the Vintage Cherry leather.

Yes it's Vintage Cherry. Oh okey, I always figured black would go well with red in order to darken the colour with time but I guess tan could be good if you don't want to darken it too much

claes500

Reaction score

+1 on the 71

+1, the Whole cuts looks better in TG73 and Deco

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads