• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe Woe is me has some.

I meant St. James II.

A member recently was selling a pair of antibes brand new in a beautiful color, I remember very well, they were mi size and thought about it, he didn't posted pictues wearing though.

btw, (question for anyone who knows) do G&G loafers fit in the same as oxfords or is better to size down?

thanks

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Hopefully ill have some G&Gs on mah feets tomorrow. Delivery is expected tomorrow... gotta say im pretty stoked. Got the Hoves on the DG70 last in vintage oak.... pics to come thursday! Hoping the size works out...i saw some posts that suggested a 10 in the lobb 7000 would warrant a 10.5 in G&G.

pointless post without pics, but im excited. had to share.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wich G&G shoes would be nice for summer? 

all of them. durrr

Hopefully ill have some G&Gs on mah feets tomorrow. Delivery is expected tomorrow... gotta say im pretty stoked. Got the Hoves on the DG70 last in vintage oak.... pics to come thursday! Hoping the size works out...i saw some posts that suggested a 10 in the lobb 7000 would warrant a 10.5 in G&G.
pointless post without pics, but im excited. had to share.

:bounce2:

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait
biggrin.gif
!

martinsth

Reaction score
If I have a 7F (UK) in C&J, are the sizes smaller or biger in G&G?

I just bought my first pair of G&G and 8E was a perfect fit for me. I wear 7.5E normaly in C&J, 7E in some models...so G&G are smaller.

Does that apply to all lasts? I own a couple of CJs in the 348 last (Westbourne/Lowndes), size 8.5. I am now looking to buy a pair of GG Gable in the TG73 last. Question is whether I should go up half a size or stick with 8.5? Based on the article linked below, the sizing translation may not always be a slam dunk.

The only store carrying GG where I live did not have the TG73 last in stock, so not been able to actually try it out myself.

http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/2012/01/gaziano-girling-deco-shoes.html

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Does that apply to all lasts? I own a couple of CJs in the 348 last (Westbourne/Lowndes), size 8.5. I am now looking to buy a pair of GG Gable in the TG73 last. Question is whether I should go up half a size or stick with 8.5? Based on the article linked below, the sizing translation may not always be a slam dunk.
The only store carrying GG where I live did not have the TG73 last in stock, so not been able to actually try it out myself.

I had to go up a half a size from the 348 last to the TG73.

martinsth

Reaction score

I had to go up a half a size from the 348 last to the TG73.

Thanks. I suppose I should do that too then.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

btw, (question for anyone who knows) do G&G loafers fit in the same as oxfords or is better to size down?
thanks

I asked Nick the same question last month, and he mentioned that the KN14 fits the same size as all the other lasts, and incidentally has the same soft square toe of the MH71. I ended up including a pair of St. Tropez vintage pine in my order.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I asked Nick the same question last month, and he mentioned that the KN14 fits the same size as all the other lasts, and incidentally has the same soft square toe of the MH71. I ended up including a pair of St. Tropez vintage pine in my order.

Thanks for your help, I'm asking because sometimes even in the same size and last loafers are looser, sometimes enough to downsize. According to what he said, looks like this is not the case. Thanks

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

A member recently was selling a pair of antibes brand new in a beautiful color, I remember very well, they were mi size and thought about it, he didn't posted pictues wearing though.
thanks

I have the Nice in KN14, size 9E which is perfect for my 9.5 US foot.
70b13b41.jpg

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ that is maybe the nicest shoe pic I have ever seen in my life, look at the combination here with the pants and the socks, pure sex, no joke!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads