• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe it would help if @Leaves would give us a heads up when GG plan to increase their prices, or when Skoak will increase theirs. I think we will be fine for end of Feb. deadline though, hopefully... :embar:

Tallcane

Reaction score
What is G&G' s equivalent to burgundy? Is it vintage rioja? St. James in cherry strikes me as very Red. I am wondering if vintage rioja has some red but not too much.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn I'm tempted to join this GMTO... But I just placed an order for something else last night. :confused:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn I'm tempted to join this GMTO... But I just placed an order for something else last night. :confused:

I just bought the EG Laughton and then got confirmation that the Thorpes are a go. Wallet = EMPTY but feet = sexy

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is G&G' s equivalent to burgundy? Is it vintage rioja? St. James in cherry strikes me as very Red. I am wondering if vintage rioja has some red but not too much.

Depends on what you consider burgundy. My EG Burgundy is between cherry and rioja. Rioja is kind of eggplant color. In some designs I notice some red, some black, but mostly purple. My wigmores seem very purple though don't really detect red. That being said, I think vintage cherry is one of the most beautiful shoe colors and the St James II in vintage cherry is the most iconic and most loved. Definitely recommend you give it a shot if you wanted a more red burgundy. It's like a shade more red than EG burgundy.

My st james ii in vintage cherry

One of my favorite vintage rioja from instagram (not mine).

My EG Burgundy for comparison (spoiled for fragile GG eyes)
Note: Difference in lighting will cause difference in color but I would say the shade comparison is good enough.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
vintage cherry is beautiful but I think vintage rioja is more versatile, and closer to most people's idea of burgundy, vintage cherry is pretty red in person

Chowkin

Reaction score
Vintage Cherry is my favourite of G&G's colours. Depending on the light it even has a slight orange tint.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As for the G&G prices, they usually go up in February. No confirmation on exact date. We're also doing a price increase due to the weak SEK in comparison to the GBP, probably in March or so.

You know, I've played this game like every month for the last half year lol. One month GG prices go up and I have to buy it quickly. Second month exchange rates go down and I have to buy it quickly. Then EG prices go up... Lol, well played leaves. I can't stop buying because of this sense of urgency.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ha ha, at least EG decided not to do an increase this winter. The currency exchange rates are a bit of a pain for us, the SEK is such a small currency it fluctuates a lot. Changing prices across the whole shop takes a lot of effort, ideally I'd just do it once a year but alas...

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ha ha, at least EG decided not to do an increase this winter. The currency exchange rates are a bit of a pain for us, the SEK is such a small currency it fluctuates a lot. Changing prices across the whole shop takes a lot of effort, ideally I'd just do it once a year but alas...

I keep looking at the site and EG and GG are so well priced that I want to buy more. I dont own a pair of black shoes, dont want a pair of black shoes, but when you have a pair of carmina wholecut black shoes for under $375 you definitely are making it hard to not pull the trigger. Also GG Gable for under $900. I told myself this year to save money and I have already bought 2 pairs of shoes from you in a week (albeit one was a MTO but still).

member2000r

Reaction score
I keep looking at the site and EG and GG are so well priced that I want to buy more. I dont own a pair of black shoes, dont want a pair of black shoes, but when you have a pair of carmina wholecut black shoes for under $375 you definitely are making it hard to not pull the trigger. Also GG Gable for under $900. I told myself this year to save money and I have already bought 2 pairs of shoes from you in a week (albeit one was a MTO but still).
luckily theu don't stock a UK9 Gable now
devil.gif

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score

Guys the final call for G&G Burnham in deep vintage cedar color above? Here are the specs

Model : Burnham
Last : MH 71
Width : Any width can be ordered.
Soles : single oak bark leather soles
Color : Deep burnished cedar.
Price 10 000 SEK VAT excluded
Shipping : Free of charge unless you want expedited shipping
Delivery : 4 months
Payment : 50% down deposit at the time of the order and 50% at delivery of the order.

@laufer E width
@member2000r E width
@dmbthomson E width
@Dandy Wonka E width

@RogerP F width
@Flake F width
@Leaves F width
@jrb666 F width.

@JubeiSpiegel G width

@Ironist :revolve:

Guys another Burnham update, I double checked delivery time with G&G and we can expect delivery in about 4 months so I changed that information.

I believe Jubei has indicated that his preference for the order deadline is the end of next month, February 2015, that is fine with me. Is this a problem for anyone? We do not have 5 magical people yet anyways.

I'm happy mate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics