• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know who can we woo there to get us a discount :D

PartyOwlWho.jpg

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So whodoIgottafu*ktogetdacheapshoesroundhere?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If someone want to buy those G&G shoes from Barneys, do the customer need to wait 3 months? Or do they have a big stock with all sizes?

The website says it's a preorder - so waiting shall occur. Personally I'd stick with Bespoke England in general for RTW G&G. They have stock, stellar service, are directly connected with the maker and are even less expensive. (Excluding potential Barney's discounts, of course.)

Elfsberg

Reaction score
Just back in Stockholm after a day in London.

Met with Dean and Tony at 12 Sawile Row. Tony took my measurements and then we discussed for a while.. Then I decided. Now the 5-6 months wait will be a challenge.

A wonderful experience!!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So whodoIgottafu*ktogetdacheapshoesroundhere?

:nodding:

The website says it's a preorder - so waiting shall occur. Personally I'd stick with Bespoke England in general for RTW G&G. They have stock, stellar service, are directly connected with the maker and are even less expensive. (Excluding potential Barney's discounts, of course.)

also, nick is the freaking man. beats the hell out of any SA in barneys. nick FTW!!

claes500

Reaction score

Met with Dean and Tony at 12 Sawile Row. Tony took my measurements and then we discussed for a while.. Then I decided. Now the 5-6 months wait will be a challenge.

A wonderful experience!!

Nice!

If I recall correctly you were going for bespoke, what style did you go with?

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh okay I thought so. It would be bad for Bespoke England if someone could buy there shoes right away (why wait?) but if that's the case i'm sticking to Bespoke England, great service and wider collection of course. Having so nice people helping you as Nick I dont care about the price anymore, would pay extra I dont mind.

You know my local shoemaker sells C&J, my father have bought his shoe from him for over 15 years, then 3 years ago I also started to buy my C&J from him, creams, belts almost everything. I'm very loyal that way, but now that I tried on GG (that he dont have) so he lost me for a while there
shog[1].gif

Last edited:

JonathanCWalker

Reaction score
I know this isn't about shoes but can anyone suggest a good place to buy colourful socks to wear with my G&G's?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Oh okay I thought so. It would be bad for Bespoke England if someone could buy there shoes right away (why wait?) but if that's the case i'm sticking to Bespoke England, great service and wider collection of course. Having so nice people helping you as Nick I dont care about the price anymore, would pay extra I dont mind.

You know my local shoemaker sells C&J, my father have bought his shoe from him for over 15 years, then 3 years ago I also started to buy my C&J from him, creams, belts almost everything. I'm very loyal that way, but now that I tried on GG (that he dont have) so he lost me for a while there 
shog%5B1%5D.gif

Yes, Nick does a very fine job from what I hear, and of course he deserves a lot of credit.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A wonderful experience!!

My last pair of bespoke GG came in about 4-5 months. I think it is a little quicker once you have optimized your last.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you can buy RTW with no wait from BE. no one will be able to offer MTO G&G without a wait.

I know this isn't about shoes but can anyone suggest a good place to buy colourful socks to wear with my G&G's?

PM PSG, he has good sock ideas, spoo as well.

Yes, Nick does a very fine job from what I hear, and of course he deserves a lot of credit.

he truly does. i have heard goood things about you as well sir. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads