• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fragrance Top 10

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've had fair longevity with the Blenheim, but nothing extraordinary. Bond, on the other hand, tends to do well with me, especially HOT Always, Little Italy, West Broadway, Nuits de Noho and Riverside Drive. Hamptons was really boring and didn't last well on me, neither really did Great Jones (but I didn't like the scent much, so maybe I was just trying to "block" it from my nose).

Creeds are across the board with me... Royal Water, Neroli Sauvage, Bois de Cedrat, and MI never really last on me, but others like Tabarome, SMW, Aubepine Acacia, and especially Himalaya seem to last very well.

I LOVE many of L'artisans scents, but I tend to get fairly poor longevity out of them, especially with Voleur de Rose, L'eau ne Navegar and L'eau de L'artisan, which bothers me because I really adore the scents. Timbuktu and Dzongkha, though, last well for me.

The poorest longevity on a scent I liked, though, is Hermes Eau d'orange verte. I haven't tried the Concentree, but I can literally bathe in the original and it just disappears in minutes.

Omega Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
The poorest longevity on a scent I liked, though, is Hermes Eau d'orange verte. I haven't tried the Concentree, but I can literally bathe in the original and it just disappears in minutes.

I agree with you on that. I have tried both in Sephora and I couldn't detect a scent after an hour! I guess it really depends on the skin.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omega Man
I agree with you on that. I have tried both in Sephora and I couldn't detect a scent after an hour! I guess it really depends on the skin.

Agreed. I use a number of unscented skin moisturizers daily, which has really helped longevity with most fragrances (I've even been able to get Royal Water to hang around a BIT longer), but not with the Hermes. It still disappears not too long after it dries.

Has anybody tried the "Concentree" version? I wonder if it lasts any longer?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Has anybody tried the "Concentree" version? I wonder if it lasts any longer?

I sampled the original and liked it so much I mistakenly bought the concentree. I don't care for the concentree much, seems more bitter and turns green quicker than the original. It may last a wee bit longer, but I wish it didn't. I haven't sprayed it in ages, now that I think of it, and the only think I might do someday is layer it with Rocabar. Glad I bought a really small bottle.

Reaction score
Ones that I own that I love (unranked)
Bond no. 9 - Wall Street
Hermes - Concentree d'Orange Verte
Hermes - Terre d'Hermes (my hands down favorite fall/winter)
Lacoste - Essential (my hands down favorite spring/summer)

Others that I have tried and liked enough to remember:
Bond no. 9 - West Side
Bond no. 9 - Saks Fifth Avenue (Male)
Clive Christian - X (i know...)
Creed - Virgin Island Water (this lasted all of 3 seconds on me though. :-/)
Diesel - Fuel for Life (this is surprisingly awesome. The female one is great on the g/f too. Hated the other Diesel offerings.)
Hermes - Un Jardin Sur De Nil
Salvatore Ferragamo - Subtil

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Must add John Varvatos to the list. I tried it and was completely underwhelmed at first whiff. Same with second whiff, but eventually it was worth it. Once the decant runs out I will certainly waffle about as to whether I shall buy a bottle or no. Good thing it's not outrageously expensive.

Gucci Uomo

Reaction score
No special order, the stuff to look at first:

Gucci Pour Homme 2003 - notes in my signature (My personal favourite)
Gucci Envy For Men - contemporary in a late 90's sence of the word
Yves Saint Laurent pour homme - classic
Yves Saint Laurent Kouros - a walking contradiction, you either love it or hate it (I haven't decided yet)
Yves Saint Laurent M7 - sensual, the most pleasant and addictive scent in the list
Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche - barber shop
Christian Dior Eau Savage - fresh, bitter, ashy
Armani Eau Pour Homme - fresh, eighties, Armani
Ungaro III - dark, geranium
Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme - tobacco, vulgar, but wearable
I would add a few other classic colognes like Gucci pour Homme 1976, but It's discontinued. I don't think that people are interested in stuff like Yatagan anymore.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
No love for Penhaligon's excellent Blenheim Bouquet
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Rambo
A favorite on the shaving forums but I never found it to be long lasting or uniquely smelling. Never really fell for any of the Penn's.

Originally Posted by designprofessor
I'm in.

Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
I have actually found the Pen's to be incredibly long-lasting (I have the Racquets and Quercus as well). Certainly longer than my Acqua di Parma, Floris and Bond No.9. Perhaps only Creed's GIT tops the Blenheim in longevity.

Naturally, the effectiveness of scents vary greatly person-to-person, so your experience may be different.

ET

I like Blenheim Bouquet very much (and it is a hit at home, which is a plus). I find that the initial scent is not long lasting, but there is an undertone detectable at close quarters that remains all day.

I haven't spent time with many of the other Penhaligon scents, though I do have their small sampler "library".

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. Brought back from the grave eh?

Is there still interest for an exchange/trade/decant thread?

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily in the order but here goes!
1.) Montale's Black Aoud
2.) Chanel's Egoiste
3.) Dominique Ropoin's Vetiver Extraordinaire
4.) Serge Luten's Cuir Mauresque
5.) Czech and Speake's No. 88
6.) Christian Dior's Eau Sauvage
7.) Christian Dior's Bois D' Argent
8.) Creed's Feuille Verte
9.) Edouard Flechier's Une Rose
10.) Dominique Ropoin's Carnal Flower

There's a lot more on my list but I can only name my top 10 favorites!

newtrane

Reaction score
Here are some of my favourites:

---
Erolfa Creed
Isfarkand pour Homme Ormonde Jayne
Eva Santa Maria Novella
Le Vainqueur RancÃ
00a9.png

L'Homme de Coeur Divine
Original Vetiver Creed
Green Valley Creed
PrÃ
00a9.png
paration ParfumÃ
00a9.png
e AndrÃ
00a9.png
e Putnam
Rose PoivrÃ
00a9.png
e Different Company 2001
Silver Mountain Water Creed
Tilleul D'Orsay
Black Aoud Montale
---

TrekTheWorld

Reaction score
I love both John Varvatos, but especially the Vintage.

Has anyone tried the new Diesel: Fuel for life? It has a very unique raspberry smell.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lately I've been wearing
Richard James
SMN Nostalgia
Vetiver Extraordinaire
Guerlain Vetiver
Habit Rouge
Cartier Declaration
CDG Kyoto
Eau d'Hermes
Hermes Equipage
Musc Ravageur

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Lately I've been wearing
Richard James
SMN Nostalgia
Vetiver Extraordinaire
Guerlain Vetiver
Habit Rouge
Cartier Declaration
CDG Kyoto
Eau d'Hermes
Hermes Equipage
Musc Ravageur

Baron-- you're definitely into woods or woody/oriental scents. Not too many people know about Richard James but it's a nice robust fragrance with notes of rose, suede, patchouli and works best in winter, colder months. You may also like Spanish Leather by Geo Trumper and Rocabar by Hermes and if you're in Fred Segal or SFA try H.O.T. always by Bond No.9.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads