• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Foo goes skiing. Sartorial disaster?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Too late. Jacket is at the tailor.

I would have had this problem with any jacket, so there's no point in trying another. Sleeves will always be way too long on me.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Yeah, you're pretty much fucked.

001224_02.jpg

:confused:

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score

Too late. Jacket is at the tailor.
I would have had this problem with any jacket, so there's no point in trying another. Sleeves will always be way too long on me.

I hope your tailor does a good job for you. I tend to have the opposite issue with sleeve length which is why I appreciate that LL Bean made my jacket available in a Tall size.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
The seams near the sleeve hem are all straightforward, implying an easy alteration structure-wise. I'm more worried about whether the jacket, being a technical garment, requires any additional care.

Will you convert it to 3 button 2?

And then to a 1 button?

Has this tailor worked with technical clothing before? I've heard of this before but have never tried it. However, Narain's in Berkeley advertises that they do alterations: http://www.campingrepair.com/. I've used them for repairing torn gear in the past, they do phenomenal work.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I hope your tailor does a good job for you. I tend to have the opposite issue with sleeve length which is why I appreciate that LL Bean made my jacket available in a Tall size.

Given the fooproportions, should have just gone custom with Burgess in Jackson Hole.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh dear.

a good softshell has tabbed sleeves so you can cinch them at the wrists. problem solved.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Return the jacket, pants go to Vail head straight to Gorsuch, flash the Hermes wallet and voila! Full Bogner body suit.

this, the one body suit, so it makes five.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Given the fooproportions, should have just gone custom with Burgess in Jackson Hole.

b. thank you for keeping the spirit of this thread alive. can you please remind some idealistic minded fellow members to stick to it. i have to watch the classico now. much appreciated. thanks

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It seems Obermeyer stuff is not nearly as nicely made as Marmot or Patagonia stuff.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads