• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flat Waxed Shoe Laces?

Sean Archer

Reaction score
My Hanover cordovans have what appear to be waxed shoelaces. They are flat and fairly grippy. Also once they are tied, they flatten against my shoe instead of the loops sticking up. Now I would like to get these for my Kenmoors but have no clue where to get them or if I've identified them correctly.

Sean Archer

Reaction score
Just tried the candle thing on my round Kenmoor laces. Works well, white wax deposit all over them now. Very grippy. Still rather curious about what laces my Hanovers have, but either way, problem solved.

Sean Archer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sean Archer
Just tried the candle thing on my round Kenmoor laces. Works well, white wax deposit all over them now. Very grippy. Still rather curious about what laces my Hanovers have, but either way, problem solved.
Quite note: candle wax doesn't work. I'm starting to wonder what base material the laces on these Kenmoors are even made of...

ethandesu

Reaction score
I've found good flat waxed laces in Tokyo if you can get there - either from the shoe section of Isetan in Shinjuku - the Edward Green Top Drawer section staff can help with Stefano Bemer laces. Otherwise a shop called 42nd Royal Highland in Daikanyama has them.

Not much help if you arent in Tokyo, I know, but that is where I will be buying my laces.

desu

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekgeek
Why do you still post here after ripping me off for $400? Dick.

I wonder the same thing about Fuuma.

On a side note, I would love a wardrobe full of flat laces

Shorty Long

Reaction score
bump...any luck? I'm tired of my standard cotton laces on my Alden Indys shredding.

Sean Archer

Reaction score
Oh, I found some at Novelty shoe repair in Toronto. But as for my Kenmoors I just tied them a different way and they don't slip anymore. Double secure knot or something like that.

young Ego

Reaction score
Now if only I could find them in a color other than black.
orig.jpg

vvv These brown laces below could be fun!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads