• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Guys

baseball2429

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
Im in OC and dont know of any Five Guys around here.

I'm no fan of In-N-Out though. My chain of choice down here is Fat Burger.

There is one in Orange.

In my opinion In N Out > Five Guys for burgers, and five guys > in n out for fries...Unless we are talking animal style fries at in n out. I do like all of the possible topping combinations at five guys though...

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by burningbright
There's a reason they call it In N Out and I've found out why many times in the past. As for me, there's a local, expanding chain in the west burbs of Chicago called Meatheads that I'd choose over Five Guys any day, be it fries or burgers. I always get the Californian burger and Cajun fries with a side of cucumber wasabi sauce for dipping. Check it out if you're in the area. http://www.meatheadsburgers.com/
Is this really worth a trip to the burbs?

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Throwing in my vote. Live close to the one in Orange. Not sure about the hype after one visit. Love that they include fix-ins for free, but still prefer In N Out (and even Fatburger) over this. Even prefer Hamburger Habit.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah, when I went on vacation to vegas I got to eat at In n Out, and its vastly superior to five guys. I find five guys to be disgusting for the most part.

Vistro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Bacon cheeseburger w/ fried onions, grilled mushroom, jalapeno, A1. Fries. Drink.

I had this today, it was pretty damn good. The cheese was clearly stuck between the patties cold, but other than that, it was fine. Ingredients seemed fresh, and the (cajun) fries were very good.

WSW

Reaction score
There's been two Five Guys openings in mall foodcourts near me in Queens, not sure how they'll be much better than the rest of the fast food chains if they keep it up.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently tried 5 Guys as they just opened one in San Diego. It's a great burger for the price. I've never been a fan of In-n-Out, and i don't believe In-n-Out stands on top of the fast-food burger pile. Hell, I'll take Carl's Jr. any day over In-n-Out's small ass burger meat. The taste of the 5Guys burger most closely approximates Fat Burger, and against a head to head comparison, 5 Guys wins.

A couple of Friday's ago I thought I try In-n-Out for dinner after work. I waited in the drive through for 25 minutes and ordered two double doubles knowing I would have to compensate for the lack of meat and the fact I rather waste additional calories on a burger rather than in-n-out's whack fries. While a decent meal, I was annoyed i had to wait 25 minutes for what I got.

IMO, 5 Guys >> In-n-Out, unless you want a shake.

freeAgent

Reaction score
Anyone who says Five Guys is disgusting should not be trusted. I've never had In-n-Out, so I can't compare them. Five Guys makes a great burger, though. The cajun fries are a highlight as well...IMO more standout than the burgers.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Way overrated. Definitely not bad but not worthy of all the adulation.

caleb3221

Reaction score
I just really enjoy that I can kill myself with a bacon chesseburger with hotsauce and A1 sauce - not the best burger around and can be easily bested by cooking at home but it's definitely my favorite quick-stop burger.

long_knives

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
Speak for yourself... In new york they have two young strapping hispanic boys shoving nuts into all of the customers mouths

This conjures up a very disturbing image.

soxpats

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
Innout by a landslide. Five Guys will take fries though, because innout fries are sucky/soggy.

In and Out sucks. Never been to a more over rated place in my life. Just my opinion.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just went to Five Guys for lunch - for some reason I felt like a burger...I should have listened to my gut and not gone. I only had a burger, but their burgers sit in my stomach like a pound of lead. Too much cheese and an overcooked pattie. I should have known better.

On a positive note, I saw one of the most amazing haircuts I have ever seen on the fat slob in front of me in line. The front had "bangs" and the side (shoulder area) was permed and shoulder-length, the back was cut short in a boyish style. I tried to take a picture, but no luck.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
Way overrated. Definitely not bad but not worthy of all the adulation.

Agreed. Definitely not that special... and price is kinda insane
I go for Epic Burger > 5guys.
Also agree with the in-n-out burgers > 5guys... too bad the closest in-n-out is 1000 miles away

Seriously 5guys? five trillion options for what you want on a burger but no option for a wheat bun? lame

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads