• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Guys

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ate here again. Bacon Cheeseburger. Tastes better now compared to when they was still brand new.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mens Health Magazine rated Five Guys fries "Worst regular fries in America."

Here are the stats:

Worst Regular Order of Fries
Five Guys Fries (large)
1,464 calories
71 g fat (14 g saturated)
213 mg sodium

Here's the article

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Mens Health Magazine rated Five Guys fries "Worst regular fries in America." Here are the stats: Worst Regular Order of Fries Five Guys Fries (large) 1,464 calories 71 g fat (14 g saturated) 213 mg sodium Here's the article
In their defense, a large order of fries at Five Guys is like an entire paper bag full of fries and is sufficient for 3 people. How does a large order win the "Worst Regular Order of Fries" category?
facepalm.gif
They do offer a "regular" size.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
In their defense, a large order of fries at Five Guys is like an entire paper bag full of fries and is sufficient for 3 people. How does a large order win the "Worst Regular Order of Fries" category?
facepalm.gif

And.... you KNOW worst in healthy means best in taste

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
And.... you KNOW worst in healthy means best in taste

The thing is, they're not even worst in terms of health...it's just the portion size. They're using fresh potatoes, peanut oil (granted not the best, but probably healthier than what most fries are cooked in), and the sodium is vastly lower than the competition (queue argument over whether sodium is bad for you if you don't have high blood pressure.)

It's just a poorly written and researched article. Par for the course for Men's Health.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
In their defense, a large order of fries at Five Guys is like an entire paper bag full of fries and is sufficient for 3 people.

How does a large order win the "Worst Regular Order of Fries" category?
facepalm.gif

I know, it didnt make much sense to me at first but after skimming the article I think what they mean by regular is "plain" with nothing on top of them IE chili, cheese, ranch dressing, etc.

Whatever, 1500 calories is still worth it.
tinfoil.gif

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to a gyro restaurant yesterday, and stopped by Five Guys, just to pick up their cajun fries. They were good.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
I know, it didnt make much sense to me at first but after skimming the article I think what they mean by regular is "plain" with nothing on top of them IE chili, cheese, ranch dressing, etc. Whatever, 1500 calories is still worth it.
tinfoil.gif

They are some tasty fries! A large order is 454 grams (just about a pound of fries). As a point of comparison, their double bacon cheeseburger is "only" 317 grams. Thank God MH is around to let people know that it's unhealthy to eat 1.7 lbs of burger + fries for lunch, and that it's healthier to eat 75 grams of fries (McDonalds small order) than 454 grams.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I thank God everyday for Mens Health. They actually told me a couple of months ago that it wasnt good to eat 2 quarts of ice cream in one sitting.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm on a diet but I ahd one of my cheat meals today. I went to Five Guys and got a little bacon cheeseburger and a regular order of fries. This family of four (all of whom were very, very obese) all had the double bacon cheeseburgers with all kinds of toppings. As I left I saw only three of them eating fries; they had a regular and a large.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I'm on a diet but I ahd one of my cheat meals today. I went to Five Guys and got a little bacon cheeseburger and a regular order of fries. This family of four (all of whom were very, very obese) all had the double bacon cheeseburgers with all kinds of toppings. As I left I saw only three of them eating fries; they had a regular and a large.
How are things in COW-Lumbus?

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There will be plenty of time to eat at Five Guys when you are in DC... in CBus, you should be getting fat at Skyline or BW3.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
There will be plenty of time to eat at Five Guys when you are in DC... in CBus, you should be getting fat at Skyline or BW3.
And - Thrumann's Katzingers The Old Mowhawk La Bamba Graeter's Schmidt's L'antibe Rigsby's

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I basically had the same exact experience when I stopped in two weeks ago. The parents were obese and the children also eating a ridiculous amount of food.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrendavid777