• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finding the right Waistcoat (colour) / Vest

ForceMajeure

Reaction score
I have this Hugo Boss jacket and trying to match or get a waistcoat that would go with it.

https://prnt.sc/jfs0ni

As you can see the black underneath it doesn't really work, does it? Any suggestions what I should try it with?

Thanks for any creative input and style advice. :)

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that an orphaned suit coat?

Whatever you do it will look what it is; orphans do not ever make sports coats so I would suggest you give before you spend more on a hiding to nothing.

Put it back on eBay or wherever you found it.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's rather a difficult task I gather. :smarmy: :eh: :sarcasm: :confused: o_O
Not really. I think many of us are extremely reluctant to open a link posted by a brand-new member. You could easily have embedded the photo, had you taken the time to figure out how (hint: there are icons to help you do so).

As I'm a brave soul, I followed your link. @GBR is right. It is fairly obviously a suit jacket and an ugly one at that. Don't waste your time trying to find a waistcoat to go with it. Unless you have the matching trousers, it is pointless. And my personal editorial comment is: avoid Hugo Boss.

ForceMajeure

Reaction score
Not really. I think many of us are extremely reluctant to open a link posted by a brand-new member. You could easily have embedded the photo, had you taken the time to figure out how (hint: there are icons to help you do so).

As I'm a brave soul, I followed your link. @GBR is right. It is fairly obviously a suit jacket and an ugly one at that. Don't waste your time trying to find a waistcoat to go with it. Unless you have the matching trousers, it is pointless. And my personal editorial comment is: avoid Hugo Boss.
Yeah I wasn't sure about that, was easier to just post the link, but as you say, from a new member, could be a malicious link. :paranoia: :eek:

Thanks for taking the time to answer, though. :lookaround: Appreciated.

Yeah this suit jacket is a leftover and I didn't really see the stripes before closer examination, I guess it's a dud. :facepalm:

Ohh well, I wanted a anthracite coloured suit anyway. :cool2: :bigstar: :( :dozingoff:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads