• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SaddleSC

Reaction score

Shoot. Literally hovering my mouse over the order button for a Sportman's Bag. I already own a tin cloth small duffle. Hah, anyone want that? That'd make me feel better about getting the Sportman's...

The Sportsman's bag is a great Flson. I have one in tan and it is very versatile. Tons of configurable storage and at 25% off, it is a no-brainier!

Do it...do it...do it:)

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'm considering the sportsman for use as a diaper bag ... what do you think?

^ a great way to increase the MANLINESS!

speaking of filson stuff for the little ones:

8187627419_d26d2c2054_z.jpg

8187627583_ebd5d228f0_z.jpg

8187629151_f5b54067cc_z.jpg

sized small for my 21lbs boston terrier.

raneym305

Reaction score

i'm considering the sportsman for use as a diaper bag ... what do you think?

I use my Sportsman for alot of things, but when my wife has our baby (she's four months pregnant with our first) I just can't justify using it to tote around dirty diapers and spit-up rags. That will be a job left to my tin cloth field bag; which will still be a manly step up from the coach diaper bag she's getting for Christmas!

mullitia

Reaction score
this is probably me being OCD but just got a 257 in the mail and it's pretty wrinkled out of the box. Any tips to unwrinkle?

motosacto

Reaction score

this is probably me being OCD but just got a 257 in the mail and it's pretty wrinkled out of the box. Any tips to unwrinkle?

Load stuff in it and start using it. The material will take care of itself. I bet by the end of the day the wrinkles will be gone...

poena

Reaction score
using my 257 quite a bit on this trip

I was wondering if anyone had issues with the shoulder strap sliding off your shoulder? The shoulder strap pad is just a but too slick on the bottom side. Anyone try anything to get a bit more grip with it?

Georgia

Reaction score
Leaving for Thanksgiving:

Filson Pullman
Filson Tin Cloth Tote
Filson 257 (computer equipment)
Filson Medium Field Bag (camera equipment)
Barbour Liddesdale
Golf Clubs

atoms

Reaction score
using my 257 quite a bit on this trip
I was wondering if anyone had issues with the shoulder strap sliding off your shoulder? The shoulder strap pad is just a but too slick on the bottom side. Anyone try anything to get a bit more grip with it?
The strap is an optional accessory. Is it possible to go without? I only carry my bag for a total of 5 minutes every day and the strap would be an annoyance. I carry by the handle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads