• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kcherney

Reaction score
the bag is made of thick canvas and leather, two heavy items. you can get something cheap which will be lighter, or stick with the filson quality and add ~2 extra pounds to your daily carry. i know what i would do.

rkusmant

Reaction score

this has been my concern over the bag. it weights over 4 lbs empty. that is pretty significant if I use it as a travel or all day carry bag.

the bag is made of thick canvas and leather, two heavy items. you can get something cheap which will be lighter, or stick with the filson quality and add ~2 extra pounds to your daily carry. i know what i would do.

+1
stop watching chicks on cardio machine and start lifting weight

Hype1234

Reaction score
Are there any good deals on a tan filson rucksack, or does anyone have one they wish to get rid of? I almost purchased the otter green, but I've got my heart set on the tan. I'm in BC, Canada. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

krn.nyc

Reaction score
I received my 256 today. As many others, I was concerned about choosing between the 256 and 257. If you're going to use it on your shoulder, get the 256. I was surprised at how much it fit... if I were to put anything more, it would **** up my shoulder and I'd be better off getting a backpack. I think a quote found earlier in the thread perfectly summarizes the 256 vs 257 debate. If you're working, get the 256. If you're a student, get the 257.

Is the bag good to go from the box? Does anyone recommend applying anything to either the canvas or leather? I have Obenauf, though I've only used it to restore bland leather. As of now, it seems like the best thing to do is to use the hell out of this bag. But if anyone has suggestions that proved to add years to their bags, it'd be great to hear them.

Last edited:

rpiotr01

Reaction score
I've found that the leather reacts better to liquid treatment. I use Filson's boot oil, sucks it right up. Obenauf's gives it an unpleasant texture, I think that's better left for keeping boots waxy and waterproof.
Is the bag good to go from the box? Does anyone recommend applying anything to either the canvas or leather? I have Obenauf, though I've only used it to restore bland leather. As of now, it seems like the best thing to do is to use the hell out of this bag. But if anyone has suggestions that proved to add years to their bags, it'd be great to hear them.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All Filson items are part of the ongoing BB sale of 25% off, but they have limited items. My SA mentioned that the 257 Tan are down to 2 items on inventory. Plenty of Otter Green

Yeah, I'm one of the lucky owners of the tan 257 from the Brooks Brothers Friends and Family sale, I love my new briefcase.

milw50717

Reaction score

Where can I get 257(Tan) in London?

I'm pretty sure Filson ships internationally.

Surprisingly, Filson in the US will not ship to the UK - http://www.filson.com/filson/our-company/international-orders/ and direct you to concrete-studio (whose website is highly embryonic).

Googling 'Filson London' and you'll get a few hits, such as the below, so maybe do a google and pick up the phone to check stock.

The prices do look as if they have done the usual trick of switching the $ for a £ and then adding the phase of the moon - £287 sounds better than £320 for example.

Picking up from jasonleb1 above a retailer in the US who will ship to the UK may work out cheaper. Retail price of 257 in the US is $275 (approx. £170) and looking on eBay there are sellers who will ship to the UK for US $55 (approx £34). If you get hit with VAT on import you may still be ahead compared to street price in Londinium. Additionally, some US eBay sellers will offer a discount on their prices if you contact them directly.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somebody on here mentioned that they added some snaps to a side pocket so I decided to give it a try on my zippered tote...and I am very happy with the results.

Last edited:

100 yrs

Reaction score

Somebody on here mentioned that they added some snaps to a side pocket so I decided to give it a try on my zippered tote...and I am very happy with the results.

interesting. i want to do something similar, but with adding a hood to a coat. i have a cover cloth weekender (http://www.filson.com/products/cove...ew-arrivals/coats-jackets&fmetaProduct=cc1511) but you can't attach an optional hood. so i want to find a hood that matches close enough, sew some buttons to the bottom of the collar, then bam attachable hood. anyone ever tried this? (i put this here because a search for a clothing specific thread yielded no results)

kanzzz

Reaction score
Hi all, I have one Filson 256 and one FIlson 257 brand new for sale. Both in tan. I am based in Melbourne, Australia but willing to ship anywhere.

Will consider trade with a Filson small duffle (brown or otter).

PM if you are interested.

Thanks

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads