• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite sports commentator crews

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, Bill Walton, one of the best players of all time but sweet jesus his play-by-play was terrible.

"To win this game, this team is going to have to score more points!"

"They're gonna have to play harder defense if they don't want to get scored on!"

facepalm.gif

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like Jim Barnett and Bob fitzgerald for the Warriors. Now I'm a warriors fan but also a nba fan and Bartnetts commentary enrichens the game. When the game is on both the local station and TNT, I'll watch the local channel for the commentary even if it's not in HD.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Marv and Reggie Miller for the hilarity of Reggie dropping the ball whenever Marv hands him an easy joke. Poor Reggie just has no sense of humor.

Also, Hubie Brown for always talking in the second person.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved Jon Miller before Peter Angelos ran him out of town.
He's a little too polished now on ESPN's SNB.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Manny Steward & Jim Lampley are my favourite boxing commentators (bonus if you get Lennox Lewis / George Foreman).. the other HBO guy (Howard?) is a bit of a dick.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Costas. Anything he does is pretty good. I grew up on hockey, so some of the CBC hockey guys have spots in my heart. Any of the old time baseball guys.

I also really like dave strader, he does hockey for phoenix I think now, used to do Detroit.

mgoose

Reaction score
For nfl I liked the old Sunday night crew: Mike Patrick, Joe Theismann, and Paul Maguire

For NHL, I grew up with probably the best play by play radio guys in Jim Robson (HoF'er) and Tom Larche doing it, so I've been kind of spoiled. After Robson, Hughson took over, until CBC stole him for the national broadcasts. So I'll just say the Canuck Radio guys are always the best.

I don't watch NBA enough to comment, and I really on watch Jays games with MLB, so I can't compare much.'

Oh and by far the WORST play by play is that chick that does the big 10 football games. I first heard in a bowl game a few years back and had to google it I was so annoyed, and now I have the big 10 channel but can't watch any games because her voice is like nails on blackboard.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Funny, but I've always liked Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit on college football.

The BEST (IMO) were Keith Jackson and Bob Griese. Man, good memories.

Mike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
MLB: Who the **** cares? I guess Joe Buck? Baseball blows

Actually, Joe Buck blows.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads