• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite pair of common projects

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have quite a few pairs that have been sitting in my closet for months (some almost a year) never taken out of the box, because I only wear my Achilles mids white..... I think those would have to be my favorite pair but I have still to see quite a few of the newer pairs in person, are there any mids available yet with the 3 velcro strap like margielas?

What is your fav pair of CP's?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for white: achilles
for black: court lows

seriously i love the court lows in black, they are the perfect shape

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle

I really need to venture into the black shoes... everything I have is light (with grey being the darkest) there is just something about black sneakers that makes me think NBA ref.

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle

I should be getting my black court lows in the mail this week, stoked on it!

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
always try to wear black shoes, and fail. I have the Raf velcros in black and Ive only worn them once.

I don't have any more CP's but I wish I had a pair of white court lows or mids.

Oxnard

Reaction score
I have two pairs now, one is the typical achilles lowtops in white, and the other is a pair of mid-top court shoes in the two-tone brown/darker brown. The court mids are my favorite for sure, I have been wearing them quite often since I got them and they are holding up/aging very nicely. The court shoes in general were always the nicest model I thought...I dunno why they stopped making them in the newer seasons.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my favorite are my waxed grey deserts.

i am really not a huge fan of the all black achilles or courts. I think what turned me off is that i was at a restaurant once next to a pack of senior citizens and saw their shoes were eerily similar to mine. i'd like them more if there a white contrasting sole.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the captoe lows and also the safari boots. My captoes are beat to crap, the toe box all scuffed, and I still like them best. Essentially, I like these because they are nice takes on the cheaper stuff I would wear otherwise - chucks and desert boots. I also wear my waxed desert boots, but less so then those other two. I like the 2 toned Achilles as well, but am actually not a huge fan of the low top, single color, Achilles.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
anybody actually got the court lows or mids in white in a 40 or 41? I'd buy them.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Barneys has the court low with nylon over leather and the "bone" mid for 40% off. PM me if youre interested I think we have a 41 in each

Originally Posted by impolyt_one
anybody actually got the court lows or mids in white in a 40 or 41? I'd buy them.

bluemax

Reaction score
I want a pair of the new training boots in black soo bad. But $470 seems like a bit much for sneakers disguised as boots. I have a feeling they won't ever be on sale.

I still love the Achilles low in white, though. It's a near-timeless sneaker design, and I don't think they'll ever not look good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads