• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrystalCrunch
I am not up on the murder of the english language? what does that mean exactly?
What the flying **** are you talking about? I edited my post to add more detail but at no point did it not make sense. "FTFY" = "Fixed that for you," if that's what you're referring to. Speaking of murdering the English language, your first sentence is incompatible with the question mark at its conclusion.

CrystalCrunch

Reaction score
Alright, its so simple. This shirt that I received it has NO rn number or a Style Number, So I think its a knock off. I am trying to find out why people say its authentic without a rn or a style number, does Etro not put a RN Number on their shirts (some)? See I dont get it, im returning it, if no one can give me a answer screw it.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a half dozen Etro shirts and I don't know if any of them have serial numbers because I haven't looked. I am certain of their authenticity, and likewise members have assured you the shirt you posted is authentic as well. Screw the number, it's real, what more do you want? Do you expect someone to be able to tell you, "Oh, I saw that exact pattern at the SS08 sample sale, I recall it precisely, it was sold for $59.99 at 253 Avenue Mouton from 1pm to 3pm on March 8th, the serial number tag was removed on checkout to prevent returns to a B&M store"??? That's not going to happen. If there is no satisfactory answer, just return it. No matter how you slice it, this entire topic is ridiculous.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can return an Ebay item because you havea sneaking suspicion it isn't authentic. This is not fair to the seller (and I am 99% a buyer).

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
You don't deserve a serious answer (again), frankly, but lots of brands have sample sales where irregular, defective, or past-season merchandise is sold at a lower price than typical retail.

I've never heard of an Etro sample sale but whether or not they exist, that is likely comparable to the provenance of this shirt IF IN FACT IT IS IRREGULAR. It could very well just be from a season when they didn't add other tags. Lots of ("most," even?) manufacturers are using different (and more) tags than they were just a few years ago. People have started to buy into the idea of luxury tags, luxury wrapping, luxury packaging as part and parcel with the quality of the garment itself.

You've been told it's authentic and that's supposedly all you really care about. Case closed, then.

+ 1, and then + 1, and then + 1 again.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude,

It's a used shirt. It could not have the tags because the original owner tore them out. Or, it could be missing the tags because it was a sample. Or an irregular item. How are we supposed to know this stuff? Also, this is really unimportant. And I'm changing the thread title to reflect this.

CrystalCrunch

Reaction score
I am just returning it, If I am ever uncertain about anything, I should not ask people so *******. I will not bring up any of this bullshit again.. but ya, I have bought everything authetnic except for this, if I have a doubt on it, I should just return it, My bad.... I am drunk as **** btw.. later.

pisci

Reaction score
has any one ever seeing a burberry trench with white label??

the seller says its vintage from the 70s, i googled but never seen a white label with navy or black(?) logo like this.

is it a fake? the top piece on the back seems a bit strange also...

CrystalCrunch

Reaction score
I got this for so incredibly cheap... So I honestly thought this was going to be a knock off, but I can't tell it looks pretty good... The only thing weird is a strange white thing around the toppp buttons, like the collar buttons on the inside, is that right?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
facepalm.gif
in so many ******* ways

CrystalCrunch

Reaction score
dont have to be a *****
biggrin.gif

I Paid $10 for a ike behar if its actually authentic.. It is damn near mint condition. thats including shipping are you kidding.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads