• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

acinod

Reaction score

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm very impressed by the service and reputation of Equus. Think I'll give them a shot!

Any recommendations on which colour I should choose to go with my Loake Burgundy Strand? (photos of colour below)
http://www.styleforum.net/products/loake-strand/reviews/3902

I'm tossing up between Australian Nut or Burgundy.

^^ looks more burgundy to me. And add me to the list of folks above who would never think of paying the same price for otr belts after buying four of Charlie's.

Thanks all, again.

I'd say Burgundy - our version likely wont be quite as red, but a closer match with more red than the Australian Nut. We have a sample service if you want to see the colours first hand though - nothing beats holding some leather to the shoes!

Charlie

cezinho

Reaction score
good afternoon, what is the normal turnaround time between order placing and order shipped?
thank you.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Apologies for really dropping the ball on getting these up here, but pictures of my Stratfield as promised. Black belt at a recent wedding.
Love the tweed! Great photos, thank you!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

good afternoon, what is the normal turnaround time between order placing and order shipped?
thank you.

It varys depending on the product. we have a Ready to Wear range ready for immediate dispatch, much of our bespoke stuff is 4 - 5 weeks, and our fully stitched products, wallets, belts etc can be 8 weeks or so. We always try to help if they are for a special occasion though

Charlie

Trumpstylz

Reaction score
And I am looking to get the baker russet belt, but I was unsure between the peacock and royal blue, or possibly a brown lin cable. It also said that a thicker thread was used for the russet belt, not sure which is recommended.

Also not sure yet whether to get the groove/crease around the edge. Later on I plan on getting the oak bark belt and one of the explorer belts, which I would get the crease with, but regarding the baker russet belt I may get it without. Any suggestions?

ezlau

Reaction score

And I am looking to get the baker russet belt, but I was unsure between the peacock and royal blue, or possibly a brown lin cable. It also said that a thicker thread was used for the russet belt, not sure which is recommended.

Also not sure yet whether to get the groove/crease around the edge. Later on I plan on getting the oak bark belt and one of the explorer belts, which I would get the crease with, but regarding the baker russet belt I may get it without. Any suggestions?

Peacock Lin cable, you said?

stanchri

Reaction score
Between Paypal and Visa, which generally have a more favorable exchange rate/fees?

Definitely VISA. However, keep in mind your card issuer might charge an additional "exchange rate fee" on top of the VISA exchange rate. The VISA exchange rate is pretty much the exchange rate of the day, without any commissions put on top. The PayPal rate is usually the exchange rate of the day + 3% (more or less). Depending on your card issuer, PayPal might be above or below, but in my experience still above on average. (read more expensive)

Top tip for Canadians: get the Amazon.ca VISA (issued by Chase). 0% exchange rate fees. Best card hands down for Canadians shopping outside the country.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads